JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

X10:Simple.txt loads OK, but Hacked and Home-Auto files dont

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> X10 and Home Automation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chas6000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: X10:Simple.txt loads OK, but Hacked and Home-Auto files dont Reply with quote

using KM8.19
(URC9910 and RS15-2117)

Simple.txt loads and performs fine.

neither Hacked or Home-Automation will load- error is 'File does not appear to be a valid Device Upgrade ...'

AND, I am new to getting into X10 and just want to control a few lamps. What do the Hacked and Home-Automation upgrades give me? Can I get a way with SImple? Do I need any of these?

thanks much!
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are using a rather old version of KM. The latest is 8.27

I just loaded both the upgrades you mentions in 8.26 with no problem.Is it possible that your copies of the files got corrupted when downloading? Look at them in Notepad and see if they look at all like Simple.txt
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
chas6000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks - i tried downloading again and now they load.

it looks like the SIMPLE upgrade is enough for my purposes. no security or 'all house' features - just a few lights. am i right in this?

thanks!
sallgdonexecutiveblvd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Question about loading the hacked X10 codes into 15-2116 Reply with quote

I have successfully uploaded smaller code into my 15-2116, but everytime I try to load the X10 hacks, I get and error message about the index file being too long. Is this attributable to not changing the "manual settings"? I loaded both the upgrade code and s3c8+ protocol code into KM 8.27. Or do I need to change the OBC to EFC?

I am really stuck. Basically I need to know if the hack file should be "plug and play", or requires tweeking settings, so I can narrow down any problems I am having. I tried repeatedly downloading the X10 hacks, to no avail. Thanks for any help you can provide.

P.S. I get alot of intermittant MEM FAULTS when I upload to the remote.
chas6000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ended up not using these upgrades because the 0167 code was already available in my URC9910. Is this code not already in your 2116?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> X10 and Home Automation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: