JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ToadTog question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: ToadTog question Reply with quote

I want to define a ToadTog to build discretes for my combined Samsung DVD/VCR, know how to do that.

The question is what happens when the device and the TOG get out of sync.

I could either define a key on the remote to be the power toggle that doesn't change the TOG or I coudl define a key on the remote that changes the TOG and doesn't do anything.

I like the idea of doing a key that changes the TOG but have a question, that way it doesn't mess with the state of the device and may be less confusing.

Can I define a ToadTog keymove that has a zero byte ON and a zero byte OFF length? (ie:the keymove is defined as a single byte, which just changes the state of the TOG)

thanks in advance.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ToadTog question Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:

I could either define a key on the remote to be the power toggle that doesn't change the TOG or I coudl define a key on the remote that changes the TOG and doesn't do anything.

For simple ToadTogs you usually find that a key to do the power toggle signal without the TOG is more convenient than vice versa.

1) You usually don't know the TOG was out of sync until after it has just sent the wrong signal. From there it's easiest (and more intuitive) to just send the signal to make the device right, rather then setting the TOG to match the "wrong" state of the device then rexecuting the ToadTog.

2) For testing and special operations having a way to send the raw signal is more likely to be useful alone then having a way to tweak the internal flag alone.

I prefer shift-power as the raw toggle signal when power is a macro and/or ToadTog. Often the extender's shift cloaking feature defines that for you without even the extra KeyMove.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: