JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ReplayTV 5040 Problems -- Do I have a different version?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sofakng

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: ReplayTV 5040 Problems -- Do I have a different version? Reply with quote

I'm trying to reprogram my ReplayTV remote so that the vol+ and vol- change the volume on my receiver (Onkyo). My ReplayTV was purchased last christmas and is a 5040 model.

I downloaded the Replay-5000.txt KM file and changed it so that it uses the "Device Combiner" protocol. After that I set it up to use ReplayTV (advanced) protocol as well as the NEC1 protocol.

The remote seems to work but the buttons seem to be mapped completely wrong. For example, my play button seems to be mapped to the "Return to Live" button... and my rewind button is mapped to the "Menu" button. The vol+ and vol- buttons DO work correctly though (with my receiver).

Is it possible that I have a newer ReplayTV remote? Maybe I shouldn't be using the Replay-5000.txt file?

I'm just trying to avoid figuring out 30 or so EFC codes manually and re-mapping my remote...

EDIT: I also just realized that certain buttons (such as '8' and '0') seem to be sending a couple of signals (??). What happens is tha when I press them, the ReplayTV menu will flash on the screen real quick, then it will automatically select "Photo Viewer" or "Replay Zones". It's very strange...

Thanks for any help.
Solutions Etcetera

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too had problems with that KM file. I tried to use it as a starting point to add some functions to my HTPro. KM said I needed to add a new protocol as well... so after pasting in the upgrade code and the new protocol and uploading to the remote I got nothing. No buttons worked.

The file you mention seems to be based on code 0614 where as my HTPro is using 0616 for my Replay 5080 (everything works with that code except the few buttons I wanted to add- ComSkip, Zones, skip, and replay). I don't know whether that is the issue of there is something I needed to do in addition to creating a new device and protocol and simply pasting them into IR.

Perhaps someone here can help.

-ss
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: ReplayTV 5040 Problems -- Do I have a different version? Reply with quote

sofakng wrote:
I downloaded the Replay-5000.txt KM file and changed it so that it uses the "Device Combiner" protocol. After that I set it up to use ReplayTV (advanced) protocol as well as the NEC1 protocol.

Does that mean your upgrade uses the Device Combiner protocol, and that the DC is setup to contain ReplayTV and NEC1 attributes?

Quote:
The remote seems to work but the buttons seem to be mapped completely wrong.

You selected the proper remote model when you editied the upgrade file, correct?
sofakng

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, here's another test I did using device combiner and ReplayTV (advanced)...

Here's what I did:

1) Loaded "Replay-5000.txt" into Keymaster.
2) Wrote down Protocol ID and Fixed Data.
3) Changed protocol from "ReplayTV (advanced)" to "Device Combiner"
4) Filled in protocol id and fixed data into new box on the bottom. It was assigned "0" for the byte2.
5) Changed Button Codes from EFC to OBC (on main setup page).
6) Entered a "0" in all byte2 fields on the Functions page.
7) Added ReplayTV (Advanced) protocol to remote as well as device combiner protocol and device upgrade.

The remote acts funky after I do this.... (right arrow key becomes the menu button, etc, etc)

However, if I load Replay-5000.txt into keymaster and leave everything with defaults (NO device combiner) and then add the protocol and device upgrade to IR, the remote works FINE, but the "Advanced" functions like "3 minute quickskip" don't work.
sofakng

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've figured out my problem...

When I changed Button Codes from OBC to EFC, it didn't automatically convert the current OBC values to EFC... What it did was change the OBC column to EFC so the values were all completely wrong...

The remote seems to be responding very slowly though but I think the batteries might be near death...

Does JP1 programming (uploading, downloading, etc) drain the batteries very much?
sfhub

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sofakng wrote:
When I changed Button Codes from OBC to EFC, it didn't automatically convert the current OBC values to EFC... What it did was change the OBC column to EFC so the values were all completely wrong...

I'd only use the EFC/OBC field on the "Setup" panel if you are creating
the device upgrade from scratch.

If you have a prebuilt upgrade and need to swap EFC/OBC, use the
"Swap EFC/OBC" button on the "Functions" panel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> ReplayTV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: