JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pansat 2500A MPEG-2 Receiver STB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flys8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Pansat 2500A MPEG-2 Receiver STB Reply with quote

please codes for PANSAT 2500A for 9800 one for all
Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or to put it another way, he's looking for the codes for a Pansat 2500A MPEG-2 Receiver STB (as seen here). He's using a One For All URC-9800 which doesn't store it's learned signals in the JP1 EEPROM chip, so it can't be used to decode the signals.

Obviously, he doesn't mention if he's a JP1 user, so I have no idea if an upgrade file would be of any use. I'm guessing that he isn't or he would have mentioned if the Pansat 330A KM.txt file in the file section worked or not.

ps. I edited the subject line, it originally just said "pansat"
flys8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: pansat 2500A Reply with quote

You are correct,I found the codes for pansat 2500A which are 647 or 714.
and thats right i am not a JP1 cable user. I am planning in sending a brand new 9800 to the factory for upgrade, and i will start learning JP1. I
bought a bunch some time back, including Cinema 7 and i didnt know they were so good. thanks for your help. flys8

By the way my Frenchbulldog ate the original remote!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the data for SAT/0647 but not SAT/0714. SAT/0647 uses the same protocol and device code as TV/0030, which is in your URC-9800 remote, so you can easily test to see if SAT/0647 is the right code or not.

If you program TV/0030 to the TV button on your remote, the following buttons should perform the following tasks:

URC-9800 --> Pansat
0 = MUTE
1 = POWER
3 = VOL+
4 = VOL-
vol+ = 2
vol- = 3
power = 8

If these buttons work as described, I can supply you with the rest of the advanced codes which you can use to program your remote right now, without an upgrade and without JP1.

If you are planning onbecoming a JP1 user, there's no need to send it in for an upgrade as we can create an upgrade file for you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you check this thread you will see that we now have an upgrade file for the Pansat 2500a (this file: Pansat2500Receiver.txt). Unfortunately, there aren't any other codes in the URC-9800 that use the same signals as this, so you will need an upgrade to get it working.

But like I said before, if you're planning to get into JP1 anyway, you don't need to send in your remote to get it to work with this.
flys8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: pansat2500A Reply with quote

Thank you for trying to help me with my Pansat, the all in one i have is URC-9800B00, and for some reason it uses a three number code. I'll try to omit one of the zeros and see what happens. Thank again
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only difference between the B00 and B01 versions of the URC-9800 is the backlight (ie, the one in the B00 usually fails).

The URC-9800 is an LCD remote, so you can enter 3 or 4 digit setup codes, it will truncate the leading zero for you if you enter a code like 0571.
flys8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: pansat 2500A Reply with quote

Thanks Rob,use all codes and not in the memory. The tv 0030 is good
but dit not work.
Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: pansat 2500A Reply with quote

flys8 wrote:
Thanks Rob,use all codes and not in the memory.
The tv 0030 is good but dit not work.

I have no idea what your first sentence means. I can absolutely assure you that there is no built in code in your URC-9800 that will work your device, you need to load the upgrade that I posted the link for.

As for the second item, I thought I had already covered that earlier. This device does NOT use the same signals as TV/0030, which is why you ABSOLUTELY need an upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: