JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RS 2103 Weirdness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajohnson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: RS 2103 Weirdness Reply with quote

Ok, I know a lot of ppl think this remote isn't worth the effort, but what can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment. I bought 2, and modded both with the stereo jack JP1 mod. Here's where it gets weird.

One remote reads out as the 1k version. Keymoves and macros entered through IR work just fine.

The second remote reads out as the 2k version. Keymoves and macros can be entered in IR, uploaded, and will show if the remote is downloaded/reread. They do not work. The general tab does read the correct codes for the device keys. I'm guessing the RDF is wrong? If thats true and obvious you can skip the next two paragraphs.

Example, in IR for a Macro I chose the "Music" key and put in the seqence TV,POWER,CABLE,POWER. I also did a keymove for the up and down keys for advanced functions 179 and 178. It didn't work when I unplugged, took the remote to the TV and hit "Music". Nothing happened at all. Taking the remote back to the computer, running IR, and selecting "Download from remote" showed the moves and macro. I deleted the moves and macros, Uploaded, closed IR and re-ran, downloaded and verified that no moves or macros showed.

I then used "P" (blink twice) 9-9-5 "P" (blink once) tv,power,cbl/sat,power,NEWS,"P" (blink twice) to manually put the desired combination on the NEWS button. While I was at it, I hit cbl/sat, "P" 9-9-4 179 UP, and then the same for 178 on the DOWN button. I verified that the macros and keymoves worked on the equipment, went back to IR and downloaded. No macros or keymoves were listed, yet I had two working keymoves and one working macro in the remote.

How can I fix this?

Update:

Ack, I swear I tried this last night and it didn't work, but I got it working. I did a 9-8-1 reset to clear everything, and downloaded. It gave a checksum error. I remembered reading about one last night where someone had the same problem and changed their RDF checksum line from 7FD to 7FE to fix. So I edited the RDF and re-read the remote, no errors. I set the cbl/sat to device 0775, did keymoves 179-UP 178-Down, read the remote and they showed. Did macro and it worked too. Sorry to jump the gun and post Sad

(really, I did the same thing last night, with the exception of the 981 reset, and it didn't work)

Last edited by ajohnson on Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems like enough testing to confirm that the JP1 cable definitely can read and write the eeprom and the remote's micro definitely believes the eeprom is missing.

I think the 2103 is one of the models that can store keymoves and macros in ram if the micro thinks eeprom is missing.

I'm pretty sure no model will try to store learned signals anywhere when the micro thinks the eeprom is missing, so that may be a good test.

Sometimes a 981 reset is needed to make the micro reconsider its idea that the eeprom is missing. If that doesn't work, the problem is in the micro to eeprom connection (which could easily be damaged by your JP1 modifications).
ajohnson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you were right, 981 reset + an rdf edit fixed it, see my revised post
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: