JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Marantz SR5300 DSS/VCR2 command for KM device combiner?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Marantz SR5300 DSS/VCR2 command for KM device combiner? Reply with quote

Hi. I feel kind of dumb asking this, because it seems like I should be able to figure it out, but it is somehow eluding me. I have a 6131, 2K EEPROM, and I have a device combiner upgrade in it that I created in KM. I want to add the command for the DSS/VCR2 input select, but I can't seem to figure out the right Protocol ID, Fixed Data Hex, and EFC to put in KM to make it work. I learned the signal from my OEM remote to my 2116 and posted the file here. My device combiner is here. How can I do this? I do not understand RC5/RC5x well enough to create a DC with that. Thanks in advance.
Jim
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to do this also and I think I've figured it out. If you load the file in ir.exe and look at the "summary" in the "file" drop down menu you will see at the end in learned signals from the file you posted.
Bound device --audio
bound key --select
protocol -- RC5
device -- 6
sub device -
OBc -- 63
hexcmd -- 00 ,01 or 02
EFC -- 018 or 010 or 034
misc -- t=0
Is this the info you were looking for? I haven't tried to use this kind of data in RM yet but I think this is what they mean about using the learned signals. Expert clarification of the procedure would be appreciated.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acccording to the Marantz website where they publish their IR commands for their version of the Pronto, there are seperate commands for DSS and VCR2:

5000 0000 0000 0001 0008 003f DSS (RC5:8:63)

5000 0000 0000 0001 0006 003f VCR2 (RC5:6:63)
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:
Acccording to the Marantz website where they publish their IR commands for their version of the Pronto, there are seperate commands for DSS and VCR2:

5000 0000 0000 0001 0008 003f DSS (RC5:8:63)

5000 0000 0000 0001 0006 003f VCR2 (RC5:6:63)

Jon,
That is not how my receiver is set up. I have one button on the receiver and on the remote that is labeled DSS/VCR2. I wonder if they list them seperately because some of the more higher end Marantz receivers have them as seperate inputs?
Jim
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaphod7501 wrote:
Is this the info you were looking for? I haven't tried to use this kind of data in RM yet but I think this is what they mean about using the learned signals. Expert clarification of the procedure would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help me with KM. I have that info from the Learned Signals tab, as well. Thanks.
Jim
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaphod7501 wrote:

Bound device --audio
bound key --select

This just tells you that you learned the command to the "Audio" device's "Select" button
Quote:
protocol -- RC5
device -- 6
sub device -
OBc -- 63.

This is the useful part of the decode. On the "setup" tab of KM, after selecting the correct remote type, and YOUR CHOICE of "device type" and "setup code", you ought to select "OBC" for "button codes" and "protocol name" should be selected "RC5", "device1" is "6" and "device2/3" are blank - you make most of these choices from drop down lists, aexcept for the "setup code" and "deviceX", which you simply type in.

Next you go to the Functions Tab, type in the name of the function you learned (the long list of names in column A is just there to spare many the trouble of typing in most common function names, but you can ADD "DSS/VCR2" anywhere in the list you choose, and enter the OBC in the appropriate column. KM will then automatically calculate the rest of the row as necessary.

Record the EFC and Hex data determined in this line.
Go BACK to the setup tab and record the protocol ID and Fixed data info for this upgrade.

Now open your DC upgrade in KM, and enter all of this data in the Device Combiner section (lower left) of the setup page. Go to the functions Tab and enter DSS/VCR2 as a function - use the EFC you recorded and don't forget the "byte 2" data has to point to the location where you entered this prortocol info on the setup tab. (Remeber you can have a SECOND byte of data in the "byte 2" column for duration control)

Then assign the function to whatever button you want on the buttons Tab, copy the device and protocol upgrades to IR, upload and go!
Quote:
hexcmd -- 00 ,01 or 02
EFC -- 018 or 010 or 034
misc -- t=0

The rest of this is immaterial (EFC and HEX are other ways of expressing the OBC, but when there are multiple choices, I always go with the OBC)

P.S. The transfer of learned signal information to KM to build an upgrade is rather clearly explained in the various help documents. Also the Device Combiner protocol help contains a lot of this info.
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU. That is exactly what I needed. I don't know why I couldn't seem to wrap my mind around that before. When I get home I will try this and let you know how it works.
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked, and I am going to include all other commands I can get from this oem remote and then replace the combiner at Yahoo with the new one for the next person to come along. Thanks.
Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: