JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

VPT not working on Re-assigned Device Keys - Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lisadaveh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: VPT not working on Re-assigned Device Keys - Help Reply with quote

I am a newbie, but feel I am pretty far along here. I have a URC-8810W remote, and have successfully set up all 8 devices for my home theater. I have learned and programmed my own complete code for the Samsung 160 sat receiver, and have programmed 3 devices to use my infra red remote connected to my pc. I have 2 problems I don’t understand / cannot solve myself

1) I have reassigned both the CD and AUX keys to act like a DVD key (so I can get maximum buttons without macros/learning from keymaster) All buttons function properly, but I cannot get Volume Pass Through to work on these keys. VPT is working on all other keys, and IR lists VPT status as on. Could it have something to do with keys pretending to be other devices not allowing Volume Pass through?

2) I have reprogrammed my FAV button in SAT mode to be the TV/Video button to change Satellite users. On the Home Theater Key, however, the FAV button still just uses the channel up command instead of using the TV/Video Button like I would expect. I was able to program the FAV button in IR, but there is no way to change the FAV button for Home Theater button in IR as it is not really a device key.

Thank you for your help on this matter

Dave Hofstra

lisadaveh@comcast.net
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: VPT not working on Re-assigned Device Keys - Help Reply with quote

lisadaveh wrote:
I have reassigned both the CD and AUX keys to act like a DVD key (so I can get maximum buttons without macros/learning from keymaster) All buttons function properly, but I cannot get Volume Pass Through to work on these keys. VPT is working on all other keys, and IR lists VPT status as on. Could it have something to do with keys pretending to be other devices not allowing Volume Pass through?

please read FAQ Item 2.5

lisadaveh wrote:
I have reprogrammed my FAV button in SAT mode to be the TV/Video button to change Satellite users. On the Home Theater Key, however, the FAV button still just uses the channel up command instead of using the TV/Video Button like I would expect. I was able to program the FAV button in IR, but there is no way to change the FAV button for Home Theater button in IR as it is not really a device key.

Them's the break's using the HT mode.

It might be time to start reading up on the extender for the URC-8811 series of remotes as this will let you get past all of these restrictions.
lisadaveh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. I thought I had read it all, but then again, there is much to read.

I will look into the extender some. I was afraid to use it because some people implied that it is not working correctly for the 8810W, but that may just be thier opinion.

Thanks again,
lisadaveh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured out the extender, and yes, that makes everything much better. I feel like I am unlimited now in what I can do for this remote.

Thanks for the advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: