JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Philips TV discrete input codes discovered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToddF

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: New Philips TV discrete input codes discovered Reply with quote

I have a Philips widescreen HDTV, model 30PW862H. Six months ago I posted an upgrade file to the Yahoo group containing all the functions and codes on the factory remote. Recently I got a new DVD player and have been revisiting the JP1 topic. I got motivated to start with some previously posted lists of codes and attempt to discover if my TV had discrete codes for selecting the various video inputs. I started by trying out the previously posted codes, one of which worked (AV2). I then started adding and subtracting multiples of 8 from those numbers. This got me a few more working EFCs. I eventually made up an Excel spreadsheet as a tracking tool and tried every EFC up to 256, recording the results. This led me to discover 21 new EFCs that weren't included on the factory remote (though some do the same function). I'll list these below:

For the 30PW862H, Protocol name RC-5, Dev1 0, Dev2 100, Dev3 3.

Discrete video codes:
EFC 061 - AV1
EFC 210 - AV2
EFC 194 - AV3
EFC 226 - AV4
I couldn't find codes for either CVI or AV5.

Power codes:
EFC 018 - Discrete ON
EFC 082 - Discrete OFF

Zoom codes:
EFC 098 - select zoom mode AUTO
EFC 234 - zoom mode toggle (cycles through zoom modes)

Duplicate codes of factory remote:
EFC 047 - sound
EFC 070 - freeze
EFC 079 - picture
EFC 201 - active control toggle

Other codes:
EFC 004 - Brings up a slider arrow onscreen with no explanation of what it does. Would appreciate help finding out what it is.
EFC 011 - Brings up a slider arrow onscreen with no explanation of what it does. Would appreciate help finding out what it is.
EFC 016 - Timer
EFC 145 - does something I couldn't figure out
EFC 186 - Seems to cycle through zoom modes every other keypress. Would appreciate help finding out what it is.
EFC 187 - Seems to cycle through zoom modes every other keypress. Would appreciate help finding out what it is.
EFC 200 - Displays "FEATURES TIMER" and a slider arrow.
EFC 241 - Turns sleep mode off. (May be a sleep mode toggle, I can't remember.)
EFC 242 - "Contrast +" toggles ON and OFF.

Hopefully the discrete AV input codes will help someone out, even if they don't have the exact model I've got. I'll be updating my upgrade file with any new codes that look to be useful. The ones with unknown functions or that are duplicates will get left out.

cheers,
Todd F.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: