JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dish 6000 HDTV box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Dish 6000 HDTV box Reply with quote

Looking to upgrade to Dish/Echostar 6000 HDTV box. They claim remote is ONLY UHF (bummer). Any idea's out there?
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a ccf file posted at Remote central that would indicate it uses SAT_0775 and that is IR. Have you tried that setup code. Do any commands work.

What kind of remote are you using. This setup code has some quirks on certain models.
cmark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I don't actually have the box yet, supposed to install dish next week. So far I have only been getting sketchy info from ExpressVu.
I am still using the venerable old RS 1994. But writing a new keymap for the new TV/DVD/SAT equipment. I am hoping not to be stuck with the UHF remote that comes with the receiver.
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dish remote may only be UHF (which I have my doubts about), but my 6000 receiver does respond to IR commands. Now, I think there's a new flavor of 6000 so it's possible they removed the IR receiver, but I don't think that's likely. And it does use SAT_0775.
cmark

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, still waiting delivery on satellite system. You're right the remote itself is both UHF/IR to work with other components, but they (Bell ExpressVu in Canada) still claim the 6000 unit is UHF. Either it is one of the newer units you mentioned, or they don't know it has IR capability. I suspect/hope the latter. THX
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: