JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Factory Default - Device only

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ace H

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Factory Default - Device only Reply with quote

Using the HT PRO/9910 how do you restore a DEVICE ONLY (NOT the entire remote) to factory default? The manual tells how to restore the entire remote to factory default, but all I need is to restore a single device to factory default.

P.S. Anyone know how many LEARNED keys (memory) the HT PRO holds? That seems to be the only down side to this remote. I have an old URC 7800 and it appears to be endless with the amount of learned functions it can hold.

P.S. II Does a macro use the same memory as a learning key? (i.e. the less functions you have in a macro, the more memory you have left for learning keys)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Factory Default - Device only Reply with quote

Ace H wrote:
Using the HT PRO/9910 how do you restore a DEVICE ONLY (NOT the entire remote) to factory default? The manual tells how to restore the entire remote to factory default, but all I need is to restore a single device to factory default.

There is only a master reset. If you want to return a device button to it's default setup code, simply re-program that code to the button. If you're talking about deleting all the learned signals and keymoves that you've programmed, I don't recall if they added this level of functionality to this remote or not, you'll need to check the manual. (Being a JP1 user, I haven't had to worry about doing things the manual way in many years, hence I don't know).

Ace H wrote:
P.S. Anyone know how many LEARNED keys (memory) the HT PRO holds? That seems to be the only down side to this remote. I have an old URC 7800 and it appears to be endless with the amount of learned functions it can hold.

The 9910's learning memory is exactly the same as the 7800's. If you appear to be running out of memory, it might be time to try JP1.

Ace H wrote:
P.S. II Does a macro use the same memory as a learning key? (i.e. the less functions you have in a macro, the more memory you have left for learning keys)

Macros share the same memory bank as keymoves, but learning uses a otally seperate memory bank.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The memory is the same between the 7800 and the 9910. I suspect you haven't yet gotten a JP1 cable. We only use learning to figure out what IR protocol and commands are being used by an OEM remote and then do a device upgrade.

One learned command takes about 50 bytes. There is approximately half of the 2KB EEPROM allocated to learning so it's 20 commands. That can vary quite a bit.

With JP1 the average device upgrade is about 50 bytes so there is no comparison and you will not run out of memory using the advanced JP1 tools.

I control 13 devices with one of my remotes and still have about half the memory available.

Learning memory is allocated separately from Macro's, Key moves, and device upgrades.

Get a JP1 cable and join the fun.

... I suppose the obverse of that law would be don't have a urological procedure done by a bartender ...
Ace H

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input. I have more devices and learned commands on my old 7800 than my HT PRO yet the HT PRO is out of memory. I don't get it.

I never used the JP1 with the 7800 so there's no advantage there.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were learning exactly the same commands for both remotes, then the memory consumed should be about the same. However some IR commands are very different than others. Bad learning can take up a lot of space. Bad batteries in OEM remotes that you are learning from can cause bad learning, etc. etc.

My point is you have a great remote that you can customize with a $14 investment. If you had the cable and just saved your remote's configuration, a number of us could look at your learned commands and answer your question very scientifically.

Whether you get the JP1 cable or not, we will try to help you solve the problem. We can help you more with one.
Ace H

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. In the meant time I will try to sort this out.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know how many learned signals (total over all devices) you have in the 7800 and in the 9910? There is a wide range in the size of each learned signal, both based on which IR protocol that device uses and on how well the signals are learned, so the answers may be far apart but both reasonable. If the answers are unreasonable, we may be able to tell you what to check or try (though of course using JP1 is easier).
Ace H

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through my HT PRO and a couple of devices finding learned keys and discovered I had a few I didn't know (or don't remember) where there and deleted them.

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: