JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Harman Kardon Select key

View previous topic :: View next topic  
icysman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Harman Kardon Select key Reply with quote

Hi, it is not possibly the appropriate forum I'm newbie, but I have a problem and I'm very confused, I bought an old Harman Kardon AVR 85 receiver with no remote control, now I am with which I need the control to adjust many parameters of the system, I have a sony RM V302 universal remote wich on off the amp but I can get into on screen menu (with select key), I think to buy a remote but I don't know if I can access to on screen menu with it, exist an URC capable to access it function, obviously I don't want to pay usd 170 for original remote, help me please...Thank's a lot.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a CCF file for The AVR 85 at RC. It has typical commands for Harman Kardon, mixing NEC1 and NEC2 protocols and mixing device numbers 128.112 and 130.114

With any decent JP1 remote and a JP1 cable you could easily produce all the signals for your receiver. A URC 8811, plus JP1 cable, plus shipping to Mexico ought to be far under the cost of that replacement original remote. But check with Rob about shipping to Mexico rather than taking my guess.

From your description, I'm not sure which functions you had a problem with using the Sony remote. The CCF file has a LOT of functions for that receiver, probably all the buttons from the original remote plus some extras from experimentation or other web sites.

Even if you don't use JP1, many OFA remotes include setup codes such as audio codes 0110 and 0173 which can produce all possible NEC1:128.112 signals, which are a solid majority of the total set of signals for your receiver. I think the required EFC numbers are the ones in this list:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?amp_0173
If not, then they're easy to extract from that CCF file.

I haven't yet checked whether there is a decent non-JP1 way to get all the 130.114 commands. Maybe I'll check later, but with a Jp1 cable it's definitely easy.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can ship to Mexico for $4 air mail, or $7 Global Priority Mail.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found several cml files from other device libraries that have your exact model with the "display", "On Screen Display", "select" and arrow keys.

So with a OFA/JP1 remote you could program those commands (assuming they are the right ones) and any other of the 98 commands that I found.

I am quite certain that there is no way to program the Sony remote. More information about JP1 remotes here
Wheelie4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you plan on getting a OFA remote codeset 0110 will let you operate the Harman Kardon AVR85 even the OSD. If you get a OFA JP1 capable remote I have a file HERE that I use to operate my Harman Kardon AVR8000. The AVR85 and AVR8000 use the same remote codes. The EFC for the OSD is as follows:

Protocol = HK Combo
Protocol ID = 01 41
Device = 130
SubDevice = 114
EFC = 228
OBC = 92
Hex = 80 C5
icysman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: I trying to get my remote Reply with quote

Hi, thanks to all, I fell very good with your help, now I try to get my OFA JP1 remote locally, but if I can't get that, I try to buy it with Rob, and program it with the help of all members of it very nice forum. (sorry for my bad english)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you buy the OFA remote locally, you'll probably need to build the JP1 cable yourself. There are instructions posted for building the cable. You should read those before deciding.

Even in the US there are no walk in retail stores that sell the JP1 cable. The only choices are mail order or make it yourself. If you don't have either remote or cable yet, you'll find it much less expensive to mail order them together than to buy the remote locally and mail order just the cable (though buying the remote and building the cable may be least expensive).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: