JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Entering codes for a URC-44XXXXB04

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eggroll

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Entering codes for a URC-44XXXXB04 Reply with quote

This is the remote that goes with my Scientific Atlanta 8610 cable box at work. It was controlling the box fine at one point, but I must have done something while programming the other components because now it won't control the box. It now controls my Sony VCR and RCA TV fine, but every time I enter a code for the cable button of the remote, instead of the light flashing twice, it just flashes once slightly longer, which leads me to believe it isn't accepting the number. My other, smaller problem is that the specific model number "URC-44XXXXB04" doesn't appear anywhere on the One For All site, no matter how deep into the archives I go. I'm using codes from model numbers that are close. Like I said, other component codes programmed fine, cable code - no go. I've also done the 9-9-2 reset, I've tried moving the cable function to the "audio" button, but still nothing. Also, entering 9-9-1 doesn't work either - same problem with single, longer flash of the LED, not the double blink like it is supposed to. By the by - brand new batteries. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eggroll Confused
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Entering codes for a URC-44XXXXB04 Reply with quote

Eggroll wrote:
the specific model number "URC-44XXXXB04" doesn't appear anywhere on the One For All site

That sounds like it could be the newer Navigator URC-44000B04. I think the problem might be that the cable device button is "locked" so that only the SA code can be used. There is an unlock function, but I'm not sure what it is and can't find a reference to it at the moment.

Mike England (mr_d_p_gumby) is the resident expert for that model, so hopefully he'll offer some advice.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Entering codes for a URC-44XXXXB04 Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
That sounds like it could be the newer Navigator URC-44000B04. I think the problem might be that the cable device button is "locked" so that only the SA code can be used. There is an unlock function, but I'm not sure what it is and can't find a reference to it at the moment.
Yes, the URC-44XXXB04 is the newer Navigator remote. Rob has some "official" documents here. As I recall, there is a cable setup lock, but I don't remember the method for turning it off. (I'm out of town until the weekend and don't have the info at hand.) You might try setup-977 and see if it helps.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cable setup lock on the Navigator is setup-997. It's a toggle, so one time turns it off and doing again turns it on. Also, there is a cable channel lock (numbers & ch+/- locked in cable mode) that is turned off with setup-996-ch_down.
Eggroll

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the fast replies. I still can't get it to work, though. Tried 9-9-7, which gave me a double blink, which was encouraging. But then, when I entered codes, I still got the single extended blink rather than the double blink and no control over the box. The official documents site you provided a link to is the site where I've been getting my instructions and codes from. As I mentioned in my previous post, I've tried the stuff on that page (9-9-1 to search for the code and 9-9-2 to clear it out) but none of it works. I tried them both again after doing the 9-9-7 reset, but stilll with the same results. Any further suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Eggroll Confused
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, when using 9-9-7, 2 blinks means enabled, 4 blinks means disabled (or vice versa). In any event, try it again followed by attempting to enter the setup code.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
IIRC, when using 9-9-7, 2 blinks means enabled, 4 blinks means disabled (or vice versa). In any event, try it again followed by attempting to enter the setup code.
What Mark said... OR ...get yourself a JP1 cable, and you won't have any problem with the lock functions. 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: