JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete on & off for Panasonic TV CT-32G22V

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Discrete on & off for Panasonic TV CT-32G22V Reply with quote

Does any one have the discretes for on & off for a Panasonic CT-32G22V?
This uses TV_250. I've tried the advanced codes but no luck.

I've got a RS 15-2116 and a MX-500
PAW

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any one??

Any suggestions of where else to exlpore for these? I've searched here and remotecentral.

TIA
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've tried these codes...

534 Power On (works)
282 Power Off (un-reliable)
536 Power On/Off (toggle)

that you would have found here...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?TV_0250

and they don't work, I'm not sure there's much we can do.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paw,

I can't improve on the answer I gave you in the discrete forum at RC:

Panasonic is very consistent about what commands it uses for Power On, Off, and Video 1 through 4. Every display TV, RPTV, HDTV and Plasma that I have ever come across responds to those same commands, IF it has been programmed by Panasonic to recognize discrete commands. Panasonic is somewhat inconsistent about applying those discrete commands to the various models.

I know it seems like there should be another command out there but I have never seen one and there is a lot of confusion. For example there are only 256 EFC's, if you see an EFC>255 keep subtracting 256 until its <255. On is EFC 534-256=278 or 278-256=022 and Off is EFC 282-256=026. The remote will respond to any of them because it truncates the binary to the least significant 8-bits.

When I went back to find the link posted above, both power On and Off EFC's that you posted at Remote Central were incorrect (I hadn't noticed before) and I corrected them just now. So make sure you tried the right ones.
PAW

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob and Jon

I was hopeing there was some magic or other forum that I had over looked. However, I'm sure now that my Panny TV doesn't support discrete on, discrete off. Darn!

I know now to check for at least discrete on and off when I buy compontents.

Jon: Yep! Just a typo in my remotecentral post. Thanks for the info on EFCs >256. That's the first I've seen that. I did retry all 3 permutations. For the ones that worked, all 3 worked.

I've solved my problem though. I upgraded my MX500 to an MX700. With the extra device pages (4 vs. 2) and the ability to have a macro on almost any button, I can program around my lack of discretes. I'll have a "switch to" page as the 1st page of every device. Using macros and being aware of what device I'm switching from and switching to, I should be able to make it work. This should make it more kid, wife and babysitter friendly. I should be thankful though. My wife and kids have learned to juggle 2 or 3 remotes without my constant assistance. I'll also have a power device on the main page to straighten out thinks when they get out of sync. Like when some luddite presses the on/off button actually on the TV it's self. Rolling Eyes

Thanks again guys!
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if your MX-700 solution works, super!, but I don't see training MY wife to cycle through pages to deal with such a problem. If one button doesn't do it, then she's tuned out!

IMHO, the only solution is ToadTog! It works great, and particularly with the 2116, I can't imagine you needing EITHER the MX-500 or -700. I'm not sure whether you need to use the extender to install and use the ToadTog protocol, but you should look into it (and get your money back for the MX-700).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: