JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Device modes in 15-2116

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Sharing discrete on and off codes for my equipment Reply with quote

muya201 wrote:
Special heads up for those new to the 2116: the 2116 has 15 device types but only 8 device buttons. I may have passed over this fact in the 2116 manual but the steps for accessing all 15 device types are:

Press and hold the "P" key until the "Code Set" appears on LCD
Press the "Select" button
Press the /\ or \/ keys. This will circulate you through the 15 devices that are displayed in the LCD:

Amp, Rcvr, CD, Video, Satellite, Cable, DAT, Tape, Laser Disc, DVD, VCR, TV, Phono, Home, Misc.

I think you can then use Key Moves...)

I certainly didn't know that you could access them and the 2116 rdf just has those listed a db-xx although the device types are there. I think the 9910 would probably work the same way.

I don't have either remote and I may have just been sleeping in class, but that is news to me.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Sharing discrete on and off codes for my equipment Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:

I certainly didn't know that you could access them and the 2116 rdf just has those listed a db-xx although the device types are there.

Are you confusing device types with device modes?

The LCD models typically have more device types than device buttons, which means they couldn't assign device types via something like a 992 command from the default of a device button. They have a more direct (though slower) method to select device types.

They also seem to have extra device modes. I don't know of any operational relationship between the extra device modes and the extra device types. Given the lack of a 992 command there is no need to have a model for each type. I don't think any of us ever figured out why the extra modes exist. I guess one theory is that some programmer at UEI also got confused about what is a device mode vs. a device type.

The extra device modes can be selected by a special protocol and can have setup codes and cannot have private KeyMoves (each shares the KeyMoves with the device mode 8 less). I think they each have their own learned signals, but I'm not sure.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Sharing discrete on and off codes for my equipment Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
[Are you confusing device types with device modes?.

Clearly, I am.

Quote:
The LCD models typically have more device types than device buttons, which means they couldn't assign device types via something like a 992 command from the default of a device button. They have a more direct (though slower) method to select device types.

They also seem to have extra device modes. I don't know of any operational relationship between the extra device modes and the extra device types. Given the lack of a 992 command there is no need to have a model for each type. I don't think any of us ever figured out why the extra modes exist. I guess one theory is that some programmer at UEI also got confused about what is a device mode vs. a device type.

The extra device modes can be selected by a special protocol and can have setup codes and cannot have private KeyMoves (each shares the KeyMoves with the device mode 8 less). I think they each have their own learned signals, but I'm not sure.

This is the way I had thought it worked (but with less clarity), I thought he was saying selecting device with the arrow key but I obviously didn't read it carefully Embarassed .

I briefly had an 8910 until I gave it to David when he wrote the extender. It was the old donut ring and I only used it rarely for curiosity. I always had to look up how to do a manufacturer's reset on the RC OFA forum. I actually did install the special protocol and made it work, but couldn't think of much to do with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: