JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best Remote to Use

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClaudeS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Best Remote to Use Reply with quote

The RS 15-2116 allows you to program macro's to just about any key including the device keys. I've just set up my home theater and every device key has a macro that flips the receiver to the right input, adjusts the TV input to compensate for the fact that VCR's can't be component, but everything else can, etc. etc. All works great with the 2116. I tried doing the same thing with the 8810 since I don't really need the LCD and I like the fact the 8810 has more buttons, but the 8810 only seems to allow macros on the Lx and Mx keys. Is this something you all just breeze around with an extender or is this one of the major differences between the 15-2116/7 and the other Jp1 remotes?
Also, on a slightly different subject, I just went down to my local Radio Shack to get another 15-2116, and they had this new remote with a USB cable and software to allow you to program it with a PC. Does anyone know anything about this new remote? Is it Jp1? is it made by URC?
Claude,
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Best Remote to Use Reply with quote

ClaudeS wrote:
but the 8810 only seems to allow macros on the Lx and Mx keys.

No. The 8810 allows macros on most keys, but as you found not on the device keys.

ClaudeS wrote:
Is this something you all just breeze around with an extender

Yes. That is one of several reasons people use an extender.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Best Remote to Use Reply with quote

ClaudeS wrote:
Also, on a slightly different subject, I just went down to my local Radio Shack to get another 15-2116, and they had this new remote with a USB cable and software to allow you to program it with a PC. Does anyone know anything about this new remote? Is it Jp1? is it made by URC?
Claude,

We'd need a model number to be able to do any research on it.
ClaudeS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went back to Radio Shack to look at their new remote that includes a USB cable. The model number is RS 15-2130 and it features a three line LCD. I read through the info on the packaging and it looks like the USB cable is used to download TV listings from the net and copy them over to the remote. It doesn't mention anything about programing using the PC. Radio Shack web site doesn't have any info about it yet. It sells for $49.
Claude,
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 15-2130 is not made by UEI so it won't be JP1 compatible in any way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: