JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

6131-Changing inputs on Technics Receiver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarHeel92

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: 6131-Changing inputs on Technics Receiver Reply with quote

Newbie here...got a non-modded 6131 yesterday. W/in 5 minutes I had it working my Tos 50in RPTV, Hughes DirecTivo, Sony DVD, JVC VCR, and "most" of the functions of my Technics receiver. Couldn't be much more thrilled and the WAF is huge. Only problems I'm having are with changing the inputs on the receiver. The # keys change all inputs except to DVD. They seem to be set completely random as well (#1 Tuner, #8 TV, #0 CD, #3 VCR or something like that). I tried every combination to get it to change to DVD with no luck. Can I teach it? Also, the "surround sound" select button changes from surround to stereo, but won't change back. Thoughts? Thanks!!
TarHeel92

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh! Guess I probably posted this in the wrong section of the forum, forgive the newbie mistake.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: 6131-Changing inputs on Technics Receiver Reply with quote

TarHeel92 wrote:
"most" of the functions of my Technics receiver.

When you get most of a device working and then ask for help, you should tell what you did to get most of that device working.

I can guess you selected some built-in setup code. But that's just a guess and I don't know which setup code.

Anyway, Technics and Panasonic Receivers generally use the same IR commands across many models. There are several upgrades for them here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/Audio/

You should be able to start with almost any Panasonic or Technics upgrade from that folder and be nearly to a complete upgrade for your receiver.

Edit: Oops, just reread your question. You said NON modified, so an upgrade would just be a reference source for possible KeyMoves (if a setup code supporting KeyMoves exists for the command you want).

Last edited by johnsfine on Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
TarHeel92

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John. I can't remember which code worked, believe it was the second in the list. I'll try some others and see if they work any better.
TarHeel92

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. Just looked at the files on the Yahoo group and can't really make any sense out of them. I know they are to be used for JP1, but w/out that, what can I do?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those files can be loaded using the KeyMapMaster spreadsheet, which makes their contents a little closer to understandable. But I investigated a little further and don't think it would help.

Some of those files and some other sources I have all say that the DVD input to the receiver is device 160, subdevice 0, OBC 163.

EFC number KeyMoves don't work with setup codes 1308, 1309 or 1518. And setup codes 0303 and 0309 are the wrong subdevices. So, unless I missed something, you can't do any EFC KeyMoves for Panasonic device 160, subdevice 0.

You can use KeyMoves to pick and choose from the functions of multiple setup codes and to rearrange the buttons if they seem illogical to you. So if one of 1308, 1309 or 1518 has a function you need that is missing from another and vice versa, you can combine the "best" of functions from each into one device mode with KeyMoves.

But as far as I can tell, none of those setup codes includes OBC 163.
jetstar52

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're using device code 0308. If so, try EFC 093 to toggle through all inputs, or EFC 227 to switch to DVD input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: