JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One-For-All Cinema 7 wanted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danabw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: One-For-All Cinema 7 wanted Reply with quote

Anyone have a One-For-All Cinema 7 for sale? You would make my wife very happy if you did. Very Happy (Yes, I tried to sell her on the 8810, but she is a very stubborn woman with small hands.)

Dana
Ellen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't find a 7800, you might try to sell her on a 6011 or 8011. About the same length as the 7800 but a smidge narrower. They don't have the 4 L buttons, the two macro buttons or the separate surround button found on the 7800. But I recently bought a 6011 from Rob and find it great for clutchers or folks with small hands. Plus it has newer/better extender support. The 7800 is still my favorite remote. But the 6011/8011 will do in a pinch. The 6131 is the same size and has PVR buttons that you may find useful. They aren't jp1 ready out of the box, but you can buy them modified from Rob. Good luck.
Danabw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I've been promoting those very options to her, but she is, ah, shall we say not very flexible in this matter? Smile (Distinct sound of whining in her voice when this subject is broached.)

It may end up that there aren't any other options, but I want to at least ask about 7800's so I have a clean conscience. Smile

Dana
momnatur

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: One-For-All Cinema 7 wanted Reply with quote

Danabw wrote:
Anyone have a One-For-All Cinema 7 for sale? You would make my wife very happy if you did. Very Happy (Yes, I tried to sell her on the 8810, but she is a very stubborn woman with small hands.)

Dana

I have found both the 8800 and the 9800 (IR) for sale on eBay. I actually just received my 8800. Cost me about $20 including shipping/handling. Might I suggest using the following search:

("URC-8800", "URC-9800")

BTW, don't try that search via Google unless you want to look through gobbs of dates circa 1995 or times having 1919 in them... Rolling Eyes

hth.

-=*=-
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he were to use those search words, he would end up finding lots of "Producer 8" remotes, whereas he's actually looking for the "Cinema 7".
classicsat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a 6800 (Cinema 6+), just like the 7800, except only 6 device keys (with a phantom 7th).

I have a well worn one, but still operating great. I don't think I'd consider selling or trading it though (as I'd be lost without it, as it replaces a missing TV remote and no-existant receiver and a Tivo remote.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: One-For-All Cinema 7 wanted Reply with quote

Danabw wrote:
Anyone have a One-For-All Cinema 7 for sale

Try this eBay auction.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: One-For-All Cinema 7 wanted Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:

Try this eBay auction.

That is a urc-7200, not a urc-7800. It's quite hard to modify for JP1 and then it's missing 4 buttons.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: One-For-All Cinema 7 wanted Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
Capn Trips wrote:

Try this eBay auction.

That is a urc-7200, not a urc-7800.

OOPS! Embarassed

Hey, the auction listing didn't specify WHAT version of Cinema 7 it was! Rolling Eyes

It's not my fault! Surprised

(OK, so I could have looked at the picture a little more closely) Embarassed
flys8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: cinema7 Reply with quote

You have PM
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: cinema7 Reply with quote

flys8 wrote:
You have PM

Hopefully the PM went to the right person. I got your email. I'm a fan of the urc-7800, but I'm not interested in buying one at the moment.

I was in this thread only to warn about the big difference between the 7200 and 7800 (and your email also didn't give the URC number. But I'm not the interested party).
mstokley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: One-For-All Cinema 7 wanted Reply with quote

Danabw wrote:

Dana

I have a Cinema 7+ for sale if you are still looking. It is urc -7801b00. Instead of standard black color it is silver gray color - mint condition - family didn't like because no backlight. I have added JP1 pins so it is ready to program.

I will go with Rob's prices $25 + shipping. If you still need remote

-----Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: