JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung SIRU200I and Hitachi C28WF540N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subliminal

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Samsung SIRU200I and Hitachi C28WF540N Reply with quote

Just bought myself some new equipment and noticed I dont have any codes for it.. so if someone happens to have these codes it 'be much appreciated Smile I'd have a go myself to be honest.. but I dont have a clue where to get started.. I've included some pictures for reference;

The Samsung SIRU200I is a Freeview Set Top Box (DVB)

The Hitachi C28WF540N is a 28" Widescreen Pure Flat TV

Any help is greatly appreciated! Let me know if I can do something in return Smile
subliminal

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok you'll never guess what.. but it seems that while I removed the batteries and took the pictures of the hitachi remote.. its broken on me! so yea.. now I only have the power and 1 button which i learned on my 9960 before.. now i cant even try to make my own codeset.. damn this sucks! :p
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subliminal wrote:
Just bought myself some new equipment and noticed I dont have any codes for it.. so if someone happens to have these codes it 'be much appreciated

I'm not sure that those pictures are going to mean anything to anyone around here. Confused

There's a SAMSUNG_SIR-TS360.txt file that might work with your SIRU200I. If not, you can learn some of the signals and use IR to see what they decode as.

Quote:
now I only have the power and 1 button which i learned on my 9960

Have you looked at those signals in IR to see what they decode as? If you post that information here, someone might be able to tell if there's any existing codes that might work.
subliminal

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help! The codeset works almost perfectly.. will learn and add in the 1 or 2 missing ones and post on yahoo.. as for the tv codes.. the learned data is as follows:

Protocol: RC5
Device: 0

Power:
OBC: 12
EFC: 36

1:
OBC: 1
EFC: 197

AV:
OBC: 48
EFC: 171

'will keep posting updates Smile

Oh and I thought... 'will just post the pictures on the off chance that someone thinks.. 'hey.. I got one of those!' Smile

Last edited by subliminal on Mon May 31, 2004 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
subliminal

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I've completed the Samsung SIRU200I codeset. It's been uploaded at yahoo (Samsun_SIRU200I.txt) ..just the TV now Smile Thanks for your help guys! (damn i love this forum Smile)
subliminal

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've figured out the three learned keys for the TV as well.. you mentioned someone might recognize if there's a codeset might already exist.. any place I can go search for this? or is there some sort of logic? Razz
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those commands (protocol/device/OBC) match the most common RC5 codeset for TVs (maybe the most common TV codeset of any protocol), which is TV/0054.

But the EFC numbers you showed look wrong. Where did you get those? The decoder is supposed to display three possible EFC numbers for each OBC in RC5 because it doesn't know the layout of the three device fields in the setup code that will be used. Only one of the three is correct.

There is some variety in some of the less basic commands among TVs that use this codeset. There might even be some Setup Code or upgrade that is a better fit than TV/0054.

You can find the correct EFCs for all the basic functions, plus a merged list (commands from many different models mixed together) of other commands here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?TV_0054
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happened to visit a couple setup code cross references shortly after answering the above and checked Hitachi against TV/0054 while I was there. As I remembered, Hitachi is pretty consistent about using the codeset matching TV/0145, and I see nothing other than your post that says they ever use a codeset similar to TV/0054. Are you sure the three commands for which you posted decodes are for your TV (which you said was Hitachi)?
subliminal

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea IR gave me three possible efc's.. which i tried.. the second one in each set was the one that worked.. which are the ones i listed Smile

interestingly enough the 0054 codeset does work.. but the buttons are all screwed up :p so will have to move em around a bit... i never tried 0054 till now to be honest.. but will have a look - thanks!

...0145 definately does nothing... will see what i can do with 0054 i guess.. volume etc still doesnt work tho... grr i cant believe the remote broke in the first place! all i did was take the batteries out lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: