JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Switching input mode on Yamaha 5560

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venik

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Switching input mode on Yamaha 5560 Reply with quote

I have a Yamaha 5560 Home theater system. The remote has a CD mode button, which is essential for switching the audio from my cable box to the audio amplifier. I tried to teach my RS 15-2116 the CD code from the original Yamaha remote, but it fails, although I follow the instructions, distances and sequences religiously. I have not been able to find the advanced code for that function anywhere. Can anyone help?
Without it, I still need to use the original remote, just for that function.
BTW-- I have a JP1 cable, and am familiar with KM and IR.
Thanks
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP1 learning remotes have very limited learning memory. There's only enough room for 20-25 learned signals, depending on the actual signals learned. Running out of memory for learning is the most common reason for a remote to fail to learn a signal. Another is weak batteries in either (or both) remotes.

Using JP1 and IR, you can check to see if you are running out of learning memory. There's a visual indicator of the available learning memory and how much is used in the status bar at the bottom right of the IR window.

I don't know if you have an extender installed in your 15-2116, but most extenders disable the learnig function. If that is the case, you can temporarily remove the extender, learn the command, then restore extender.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
venik

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR says there are 729 free locations on my 15-2116.
The batteries are probably OK because the remote works well when it is not aimed at the receiver.
No extender is installed.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mention what setup code you are using or what upgrade you loaded, whichever is the case, we can try to match those codes to known yamaha codes and find the CD selection code for you.
venik

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used setup code 0176, which worked for most things but less than perfectly.
alex750

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: EFC for CD mode on Yamaha Reply with quote

According to my docs, the EFC for CD mode on RCVR_0176 should be 120 (0x57). Use this when building your upgrade.

There are many prebuilt KM upgrades for Yamaha receivers in the JP1 Files section (/Files/Device Codes/Audio), including my own; I also have a prebuilt RM upgrade (Files/RM Upgrade Files/Audio) if you prefer Remote Master. Try these with your 5560.

If you need to switch input modes (ANALOG > AUTO > DTS) use this code to cycle through them. I don't have the EFC for explicitly specifying an input mode, and I'm not sure there is one; my OEM remote (for the 5440) does not have a button for this.
venik

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. In the meantime I have discovered the 120 code on my own, and it works.

Perhaps you know the reason my 2116 fails to execute all the macros command I have built into it? Why does it do several SLEEP commands in a row, but ignores several others?
SBM911

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Posted File 0199 works for the 5560 Reply with quote

Just want to confirm that the posted "0199" device file works for the 5560 (which is the model equivlent of the v630/v640 Yamaha models sold via other distribution channels).

Under it, #4 (yes EFC 120)corresponds to CD.

Another useful code to put in your macros for DVD and HDTV playback to put it into EX mode (if you used a 6th rear channel) is EFC 151.
venik

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please email me (ehud.kaplan@mssm.edu) the file you mentioned, or tell me the exact URL to get to it? I was unable to find it on the Yahoo group depot. The file I did use was
Yamaha HTR-5550-54x0 Receiver_V1.0.txt
Which was not perfect, and required some serious tweaking.
-------------------------------------
On a different matter, do you know why the 5560 ignores the full sequence of SLEEP commands I send it? It responds only to the first 2, ignoring the rest.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: