JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help programming codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdgipson

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Help programming codes Reply with quote

I just purchased a used URC-8910. The codes in the manual work for my newer equipment (DVD, TV). However, I have an older JVC VCR, and when I enter the codes from the manual (0067, 0041) the display says SUCCESS, but the VCR doesn't respond. I have a URC-7200 that works fine with the VCR. A did a 990 and found the code for the VCR is 0008. When I enter that code into 8910 I get a NOT FOUND message. I have tried doing a factory reset, no help.

I also have an older Teac receiver that is doing the same thing. It responds fine to the URC-7200, but I get the NOT FOUND message for the same code with the URC-8910.

Any suggestions? Or did I get one with a bad EPROM?

Thanks,
Rod
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vcr code 0008, is the B-code for JVC vcr's. The A-code is 0067, unplug your vcr from the wall, after replugging, make sure the first IR command the vcr sees is from the 8910 programmed with code 0067.
rdgipson

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that took care of the VCR problem. Anyone have any ideas on the Teac receiver? The code on the ofa website is 0463, which the 8910 still isn't finding. The manual for the 7200 also lists 0163, which the 8910 doesn't find either.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you do the 990 operation or otherwise figure out which setup code worked on the urc-7200?

0463 is very different from 0163. Neither of them match any of the (few) CCF files I have for Teac receivers, but 0463 is more plausible.

As you noted, neither is included in the 8910, so if one of those worked in the 7200, you need an upgrade for the 8910.

If you have a JP1 cable, you can install the upgrade yourself. Otherwise, OFA customer support can use a .wav file over the phone to upgrade it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: