JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

questions about picking the right remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lastwachter

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: questions about picking the right remote Reply with quote

First what is modified about the Kamelon?

Second if I were to purchase say a 8910 whats the full package I can get...any mods that can be done to it...say for keeping from loosing the memory if the battery is gone or anything else? So I need the remote, cable, what else? I have nothing as far as JP1 goes.

Also whats the difference and use of the RF thing that the 9910 comes with?

Sorry for all the questions.Back to top
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: questions about picking the right remote Reply with quote

Lastwachter wrote:
First what is modified about the Kamelon?

I assume you're asking about Rob's modification to the 9960. I believe he puts in a JP1 header, so you can connect a JP1 cable the ordinary way. I think the 9960 can be used with JP1 with a pogo adapter instead of that modification, but that is mechanically less convenient during the JP1 transfer.

Lastwachter wrote:

Second if I were to purchase say a 8910 whats the full package I can get...any mods that can be done to it...say for keeping from loosing the memory if the battery is gone or anything else? So I need the remote, cable, what else? I have nothing as far as JP1 goes.

It already has a JP1 header and eeprom (needed for JP1 and for keeping memory when batteries are out). The only mod I've heard of anyone doing to an 8910 is transplanting the RF puck from some older RF remote in order to make a less expensive 9910. (Less expensive only if you happen to have the puck and base from another remote and don't place too high a value on them).

Lastwachter wrote:

Also whats the difference and use of the RF thing that the 9910 comes with?

The 9910 transmits the signal by both IR and RF. It comes with a seperate device that receives RF and retransmits the IR. An example use would be if your TV and 9910 will be in one room but your SAT tuner in another. Permanently aim the "base" (RF reciever, IR retransmitter) at the SAT tuner. Then the 9910 controls the TV by the IR it emits directly and the SAT tuner by RF converted back to IR by the base.

(The edits were fixing the confusing typo of 8910 where I meant 9910)

Last edited by johnsfine on Wed May 26, 2004 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lastwachter

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PERFECT! That explains everything I wanted to know. Thank you very much I understand completely now Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: