JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC625000-04R00 And URC625001-00R00 Can't Extract Raw.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiku

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Anyways here is JP1.4 emaster.err file:-
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26854

Graham Any Progress?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing helpful in the rmaster.err file. To go further, we need error messages from jp12serial.dll, which is called from RMIR but not part of it. To get these, you need DebugView. This is a free Microsoft program that you can download here. If you have DebugView open when running RMIR then it will display a lot of messages. What we want is only messages related to a download, so use Edit > Clear Display (or the Clear icon on the toolbar) before you start a download attempt and then copy the text displayed when the attempt ends and paste it into Notepad or similar, save it as a text file and post it for me to see, or if it is short enough you can simply include it in a post. It should at least give more idea of how far the attempt goes before failing.
Tiku

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[7420] Moving
[7420] COM6
[7420] to the head
[7420] Testing for JP2_14
[7420] JP2_14StartOrStopComm failed
[7420] JP2_14 test failed
[7420] Attempting to open remote on parallel port
[7420] Scanning port:
[7420] 0378
[7420] InpOut driver not open
[7420] Scanning port:
[7420] 0278
[7420] Scanning port:
[7420] 03BC
[7420] Closing InpOut driver...
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that output. I am getting the feeling that there is something different in this remote that we haven't seen before. Before investigating further, can I please check that the remote actually works normally, as corruption might be the cause of the failures we are getting. If it does work normally, then I will produce a test version of JP12Serial.dll with additional diagnostics for you to try.
Tiku

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
can I please check that the remote actually works normally, as corruption might be the cause of the failures we are getting. If it does work normally

For this what next i have to do? As i don't have a original OSN stb to check the the remote ON,

Also what about 1.3 version remote? signature not found?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On second thoughts, the fact that you could read the signature with the 983 command is probably enough to determine that the remote is working in normal mode, so ignore my previous post. I think that a broken connection to the RTS line may result, for a JP1.4 remote, in the the output you are getting. Can you do the following test. For this you need to install RealTerm, which you can download from Sourceforge at this link. When you have it installed, connect your remote to the PC then open RealTerm. Press the Port tab. If you only have one device connected, then the Port dropdown should display the COM port number of the port to which the remote is connected. If not, use the dropwon to select the correct port and press Change. The port number displayed at the bottom right of the display should now show the correct port. Don't bother about any other settings, the test is so simple that they are irrelevant. Now select the Pins tab. There is a box labelled RTS with two buttons, Set and Clear, and a box that should be Green. Press the Set button, it should remain Green. Now watch the remote while you are doing this and press Clear. The remote should flash twice and the box should be blank. Press Set again, remote should not flash and the box should return to Green. Press Clear again to check that again you get two flashes, then finally Set again. You can now close RealTerm and disconnect the remote.

If that has worked, then the RTS connection is good and I will add further diagnostics to JP12Serial.

There is no issue with the JP1.3 remote. It doesn't say signature not found, it says No RDF matches signature starting 3211. As I have said before, this means that we have no RDF for that remote. If you want one created, you will need to ask Rob if he is prepared to do that. RDFs for JP1.3 remotes is not something I can do.
Tiku

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

If that has worked, then the RTS connection is good and I will add further diagnostics to JP12Serial.

Your guess was right, there is a problem in the RTS Line, My device com port was correctly detected, there is no flash on the remote if i press Clear.
I also tried selecting hardware flow control to RTS/CTS in the port Section, also changed baudrate to 19200/115200, but nothing flashes on the remote.

If i press OK selection on the Remote i get yellow characters on the Realterm
Display Screen.

mathdon wrote:

There is no issue with the JP1.3 remote. It doesn't say signature not found, it says No RDF matches signature starting 3211. As I have said before, this means that we have no RDF for that remote. If you want one created, you will need to ask Rob if he is prepared to do that. RDFs for JP1.3 remotes is not something I can do.

I had uploaded a new remote file for RDF from many days, but no one has a time to make RDF, Rob is also very busy, if no one has time to make RDF, than please make a Sticky Thread how to make RDF File, so one can self make RDF file for their Remotes.
Thanks
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the disappointing news that the test of the RTS line fails. I see no point in progressing further with that remote, but if you want to continue experimenting with Realterm, the correct baud rate is 38400. As the RTS test doesn't depend on baud rate, I didn't bother to suggest setting that in my earlier post.

Creation of an RDF requires a great deal more information than that in the file you posted, a lot more knowledge of the workings of these remotes than you have, and a lot of experience too. That is why I cannot create RDFs for JP1.3 remotes and why it is not possible to give a simple explanation of how to create one yourself. You really do need an expert in JP1.3 remotes to do it.
Tiku

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Thank you for the disappointing news that the test of the RTS line fails.
Very Happy
Just to be 100 percent sure before throwing them in the garbage can, I Tried Realterm Test with few more Jp1.3 working remotes, and i am getting two blinks, also OSN Jp1.3 blinks twice,
So the problem lies in the RTS Line of both jp 1.4 remotes.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both JP1.4 remotes? You have only mentioned one in your previous posts, the one with signature blink-back 35792, giving a true signature of 357902.
Tiku

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At present i have total 3 OSN Remotes, one is jp 1.3 and two is jp1.4
Unfortunately both 1.4 version shows Remote Not Found, and neither of them blinks in Realterm only 1.3 version blinks which also shows signature not found 3211 in RMIR.
I Have upgraded couple of JP1.4 Versions in the past for Friends.
Don't have any of the previous remotes with me now.

The signature is the same in both 1.4 remotes, which you mention in above post.

mathdon wrote:

Creation of an RDF requires a great deal more information than that in the file you posted, a lot more knowledge of the workings of these remotes than you have, and a lot of experience too. That is why I cannot create RDFs for JP1.3 remotes and why it is not possible to give a simple explanation of how to create one yourself. You really do need an expert in JP1.3 remotes to do it.

Ok, if its a job of an expert, I have an another alternative, if its posiible?
Is it possible to Make RMDU File From RMIR Backup, I have a Essence one for all 4 In 1 Universal Remote (URC 7140), It has a Reader Option, Once i had made a copy of BeoutQ STB Original Remote into Essence 7140 and uploaded a backup rmir file, from which Rob had made a RDF,Maps, RMDU.
If this is not as much difficult as making a whole RDF, then please guide how can i do it? so that i can just copy facing master remote to Essence 7140, Copy the file from RMIR and make RMDU For different Jp1.xx Remotes.
Thanks
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiku wrote:
Unfortunately both 1.4 version shows Remote Not Found, and neither of them blinks in Realterm only 1.3 version blinks which also shows signature not found 3211 in RMIR.

I have today tried the RTS test with four very different JP1.4 remotes and in all cases I get two flashes when the RTS line is changed from Set to Clear. So I see only two possibilities: (a) both your JP1.4 remotes have a broken RTS connection from the 6-pin connector or (b) you have a type of JP1.4 remote that we have not previously seen. If (a) then there is no point in proceeding with them in RMIR, but they continue to work in normal mode so you can set any built-in setup code and change any other settings without access to RMIR, if (b) then there is nothing I can do without having one of these remotes to explore, and possibly not even then.

tiku wrote:
Is it possible to Make RMDU File From RMIR Backup.

If I understand you correctly, this is easy. Load the backup .rmir file into RMIR, go to the Devices tab, select the device you want as a .rmdu file and press the Edit button. On the Device Upgrade Editor panel that then opens, press the Save as button and select where you want it saved as a .rmdu file.
Tiku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

If I understand you correctly, this is easy. Load the backup .rmir file into RMIR, go to the Devices tab, select the device you want as a .rmdu file and press the Edit button. On the Device Upgrade Editor panel that then opens, press the Save as button and select where you want it saved as a .rmdu file.

Great, You Got My Point.
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: