JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Did I brick my remote (URC3680)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:02 pm    Post subject: Did I brick my remote (URC3680) Reply with quote

Well did I?

I was trying to add codes to my remote and I accidentally plugged my JP1 cable in backwards!

Now I get no signs of life no lights when buttons are pressed as well as no IR signals blasted either and RMIR does not see the remote at all I tried the "JP2Dumper" tool and when I try to use it I only get the "Bad address" or "106Sig block doesn't contain 6 digits"

So I must have corrupted something so is this a lost cause or is their a way to fix this?

Thanks
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought only JP1.3 remotes were susceptible to being bricked by plugging the cable the wrong way round. Yours is JP1.4 but they share the same processor, S3F80, so it is possible you have done that, but I wouldn't give up on it yet. Have you tried completely rebooting it by removing the batteries, pressing any button to discharge any remaining capacitance, then reinserting the batteries?

I would expect plugging the cable the wrong way round would cause a hardware fault, not software corruption, so the fact that you get a response at at all is a good sign, I think.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what (if anything) can I try next?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using Windows? If so, you can test whether the remote is capable of entering communication mode.

To do this test, you need RealTerm and this document by Tommy Tyler: Identifying the Processor and Signature of an Unknown Flash Remote. It is an old document and not applicable in full to a JP1.4 remote, but the part about testing if a remote enters and exits communication mode does apply. That is up to the line "Try taking the remote into and out of serial comm mode several times to convince yourself it's really working."

This is a very basic test. If it fails, then I can't think of anything else, since at present the remote is completely unresponsive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: