JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MOVISTAR 67400BA0-01-R

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeoffT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:21 am    Post subject: MOVISTAR 67400BA0-01-R Reply with quote

RDF required if possible please

Zip File uploaded including Image of remote, PCB and 990 flashback codes.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26820

This seems to be a 3 device remote. Physically the same as Inteset 422 but with the bottom 4 buttons missing and the front panel holes for those button covered over with a label.

Would be a useful remote for me as it has very clear button labelling and a good layout

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Remote-Control-fit-Movistar-black/dp/B0C5JX5FCM
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff, please see the PM I have sent you.
GeoffT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Geoff, please see the PM I have sent you.

Read and replied. Thanks.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff, please try this Movistar RDF Map and Image. Copy the .rdf file into the RDF subfolder of your RMIR installation and the .jpg and .map files into the Images subfolder.

I don't know anything about the capabilities of this remote, so have assumed that it supports Macros, Key Moves and Learned Signals as the Inteset remotes do so. Can you please test these features. It is a rather strange remote. It is the first remote that I have come across with a Decoder device button, and the first for a long time without a Cable or Sat device.

You used 990 to find the current device codes for the three devices and got TV 1081, DVD 2049 and Decoder 0328. The actual values are TV 0810, DVD 0490, Decoder 3288, which suggests it is using 5-digit setup codes in which the first digit is the device type code which are indeed TV=1, DVD=2, Decoder=0 and so you missed the final digit. This is not common but we have seen it before.

There may be other peculiarities too, so let me know what works and what doesn't. There is always the need for fine tuning of the RDF as we find what features are and are not supported by the remote. I hope, at least, that you find it mostly works.
GeoffT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for doing the RDF Graham, much appreciated.

It seems to work fine. I haven't had too much time to spend on it yet, but it downloaded from the remote with no problem and I quickly added a couple of my existing device files to it which I was able to then upload back to the remote. Both devices then worked perfectly.

Volume punch-through worked fine. I will test macros etc tomorrow hopefully, and report back.

Thanks again

Geoff
GeoffT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just done a bit more testing before I go out for the day.

Sadly, it seems this is a very, very basic remote.

Macros - I've tried various different buttons for macros and none of them work.
Transport Punch-through - doesn't work
Channel Punch-through - doesn't work

Volume Punch-through - does work

The TV, DVD & Decoder buttons are odd. I have programmed various different keys to them as well as trying them for macros. When you press them the red LED comes on but nothing is sent. I even rigged up my Tasmota IR receiver detector in case they were just sending the wrong signals but they send nothing at all. So I presume they simply switch the mode of the remote and do nothing else.

However, even with all these missing features, with the RDF it is still a useful remote for simple use cases.
GeoffT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further testing reveals that, unless it is an unusual process to do it, this remote doesn't have learning capabilities either.

The 975 procedure seems to go OK and the LED flashes twice after keying in 975 but having then pressed a button to teach, the LED doesn't flash rapidly as expected if it is a learning remote. I did try sending a command to learn anyway but nothing was in the file when I downloaded it.

It is not a problem for me as I pretty much have all the codes I need and if I need more learning I can do it on one of my Intesets and then copy the code across.

Anyway, thanks again Graham for doing this and the RDF works perfectly within the limitations of the remote.

If you want to update the RDF to reflect the shortcomings of the remote, I am happy to test further. But as I suspect the worldwide user base for this remote might be 1 (or 2 if you count my wife!) then I don't know if it is worth any more effort on your part.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff, many thanks for the testing. Tweaking the RDF to remove what you have found is not supported is a trivial task, so I have updated the Movistar RDF Map and Image at the same location as before, just updating the RDF, leaving the Map and Image unchanged.

I am not surprised by your findings as it looks like a very specialized remote that supports just what is needed for its particular purpose and nothing more. Fortunately it does support Device Upgrades, as it is supplied with a whole bunch of upgrades for the Decoder device.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Geoff, you didn't mention whether you also tested key moves. Given your findings, I think it's unlikely that this remote supports them, but you never know.

If it does support them, try then on shifted buttons too (ie, press SETUP before pressing the button), including the device buttons.
lezier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Brazil, the DTH operator VIVO (MOVISTAR), when it was in operation, used a lot of this remote control, I have some copies with me.
[

Rob PM
GeoffT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham

I forgot to test the key moves yesterday but have just done so and it doesn't accept them.

Geoff
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@GeoffT:

I thought that would be the case, so I removed Key Move support from the RDF in my revision.

@lezier:

Please see my PM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: