JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Error downloading from remote - Xsight Touch / ARRX18G

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OzyOzy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:02 pm    Post subject: Error downloading from remote - Xsight Touch / ARRX18G Reply with quote

Hi, when I try to download from the remote, I get an error towards the end.
"Error downloading from remote".

Very similar to this thread here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=139070

I too ran the option Xsight Operations/Verify Xsight System files which returned that irdb.bin is corrupt.

rmaster.err and raw download is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26816

The rmaster.err file contains this. Any ideas?

macros.xcf tags:
00 macros
01 macro
02 name16
03 sendir
04 delay
05 assistant
06 powerkeys
07 audioinputs
08 pictureinputs
09 irref
0a sendsoftkey
0b sendhardkey
0c softkey
0d hardkey
Download error: Cannot invoke "com.hifiremote.jp1.DeviceUpgrade.getMacroMap()" because the return value of "com.hifiremote.jp1.DeviceButton.getUpgrade()" is null
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.hifiremote.jp1.DeviceUpgrade.getMacroMap()" because the return value of "com.hifiremote.jp1.DeviceButton.getUpgrade()" is null
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:191)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker.get(SwingWorker.java:613)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteMaster$DownloadTask.done(RemoteMaster.java:1015)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker$5.run(SwingWorker.java:750)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(SwingWorker.java:848)
at java.desktop/sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(AccumulativeRunnable.java:112)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(SwingWorker.java:858)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:311)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:243)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:318)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:773)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:720)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:714)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:399)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:742)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.hifiremote.jp1.DeviceUpgrade.getMacroMap()" because the return value of "com.hifiremote.jp1.DeviceButton.getUpgrade()" is null
at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteConfiguration.decodeItem(RemoteConfiguration.java:2109)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteConfiguration.parseXCFFile(RemoteConfiguration.java:2239)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteConfiguration.loadFiles(RemoteConfiguration.java:1044)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteConfiguration.importIR(RemoteConfiguration.java:4198)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteConfiguration.parseData(RemoteConfiguration.java:4836)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteMaster$DownloadTask.doInBackground(RemoteMaster.java:999)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteMaster$DownloadTask.doInBackground(RemoteMaster.java:1)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:304)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:343)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:840)
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you fix the corrupt irdb.bin file with "Upload XSight system file...", which will give you a list of all system files, including irdb.bin, to select from? That corruption seems to have been the cause of your problem. Your setup shows four devices but your Power On and Power Off activities refer to five. When you set up a new device on the remote, it loads a device upgrade for it from irdb.bin. Apparently the corruption meant that it was unable to find the upgrade for your 5th device so it is missing but is still included in your Power On and Power Off activities, causing the crash.

I have posted a zip of a .rmir file for you, created from your raw download with the Power On and Power Off activities deleted. This should load into (and download from) your remote without error. If you have replaced the irdb.bin file then you should be able to create the missing 5th device on the remote and then recreate the Power On and Power Off activities with RMIR.

Please try this and report back whether it is successful or not.
OzyOzy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for this. I didn't really need any of the devices in there (as I acquired the remote recently), and sure enough I had removed a devices. I guess one of the activities still had a link to that device. I then tried a Reset on the remote, but I didn't realize that there was a distinction between a Reset and a Factory Reset. I ended up finding the Factory Reset options (by going to Reset, and typing in 9-8-1), and after I did the factory reset, RMIR is now able to download / upload successfully to it. Thanks again!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for letting me know that all is now well. I have now updated RMIR for the next release so the situation that caused the crash will now download without crashing and will display an explanatory error message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: