JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fire TV Edition TV - Amazon Omni
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm trying to make the best working device for this tv by combining efc's from tv codes 2434 & 2964. Using code 2434 as the starting point. It has cursor pad and numeral commands preset. It is missing the transport functions that 2964 code has. But Onn/Insignia 3660/3680 don't allow you to map an efc or teach to the Rew & FF keys? It will for play? Is this a known problem with these newer remotes? I own four of the Onn 6 remotes, two each of 5 & 8 device Insignia remotes. And insignia 3 device. I really like their looks. Couldn't beat the used prices with free shipping from Best Buy. Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
But Onn/Insignia 3660/3680 don't allow you to map an efc or teach to the Rew & FF keys? It will for play? Is this a known problem with these newer remotes?

I think you should post that as a question to one of the main threads on these remotes.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103026 (URC-3660)
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=102998 (URC-3661)
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:39 am    Post subject: Fire TV Edition TV - Amazon Omni Reply with quote

Before we go on to the other threads I did a little testing
I learned a signal on the "OK" button then In RMIR "Learned Signal" Tab
I switched the button from "OK" to "FWD" after upload the "FWD" button did perform my "learned signal" switching to REW button also performed learned signal
the only thing that did not work is FFd Held and Rew Held
Hope this helps
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi HH, Ed doesn't have a computer or JP1 cable, so he is limited to programming that can be done on the remote itself.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:51 am    Post subject: Fire TV Edition TV - Amazon Omni Reply with quote

So far I have not been able to use the Rew or Fwd keys by punching 9xx commands directly into the remote 994 995 wont work
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:17 am    Post subject: Fire TV Edition TV - Amazon Omni Reply with quote

If it helps any I just tested more learning and you can learn on the activity keys so you could put your transport keys on these buttons that way, the drawback being that you would have to press a device button afterwards to get out of the activity
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Ed, is that enough enticement to get yourself a computer and a JP1 cable yet??? Smile
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for trying, in the end I mapped advanced codes to Live and List keys, just below the transport commands on the Onn 6.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
So Ed, is that enough enticement to get yourself a computer and a JP1 cable yet??? Smile

Rob, I have computers, no webtv has worked in 10 years, that's when the service was turned off by MSN.

My computers can't open any jp1 files, I keep getting a choice of using notepad or searching my computer for right software which it never finds. Would having a working cable change that? I would think the cable is only for uploading and downloading to the remote itself?

I have had RMIR v-2.12.8-bin and RMIR v-2.12.8-zip on my computer since 3/6/2021.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't sound like you have RMIR installed, at least not properly.

This link will take you to the latest version, which is 3.0.0
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13325

Once you've downloaded the zip file, unzip it into your "RM" folder (probably better to create a new folder for it if you have some old versions already), then look for a file called setup.vbs and double click on it. That should set it up so that, if you double click on a *.rmir or *.rmdu file it will open it using RMIR or RM.

Even with your old version of RM, if you open RM or RMIR first, you should be able to use it to open the rmir or rmdu files. Do you have Java installed on your computer, because RM needs Java to run.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded Java, I get an error saying my Java is at 8 build 1.8 and I need at least 11 for RMIR. Java says it's up to date. Sad
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the Java JDK that RM is looking for. I just checked my Java and it's 14.0.2 which is a bit out of date itself as the jdk is up to version 20.0.1 now.

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/downloads/
jetstar52

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:55 pm    Post subject: Here's a puzzle for you all Reply with quote

I was using the factory remote for a TCL Fire TV in the same room as a LG TV. The LG responds to the TCL power button as if it were a discrete on command.

TCL Fire POWER: NEC1 Dev 2.125 OBC 070
LG DISCRETE ON: NEC1 Dev 4 OBC 196

Edit: Disregard. I think the TV is flakey. It also turns on when I press the "OK" button on a TiVo remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: