JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The chip partner FTDI cable
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmezz13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure this is exactly relevant to this specific issue related to the Arduino interface and RMIR, but it is relevant to both the Arduino IRWidget and Barf's Arduino GIRS interface with the CH340 chip/driver. If there is a better place to post this info, please advise.

After some time of not doing much JP1, I had a need to learn a new remote and I started IRScrutinizer and it would not connect to either of the two interfaces I mentioned above. It gave a "COM port in use" type of error for both. Long story short, it seems to be due to an updated CH340 driver that is not compatible (at least in Windows 11, 22H2). I had to rollback to 3.7.2022 from 3.8.2023 and all worked well again. See this link for more info and a source for the download of the older driver version.

I can also verify that the three checkbox options mentioned previously are available on my Windows 11 machine.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now upgraded my second PC to Windows 11, keeping the main development one on Windows 10, so I can now test in both versions. I have now used Win11 to test the following Arduino setups:

1. The JP1 EEPROM interface using a Chinese Arduino Nano clone with ATMEGA328P processor and CH340 USB-to-Serial chip. This is the configuration that ylaviolette used. When I followed the instructions for loading the JP1 EEPROM software into the Arduino, I got an upload error. Repeated upload attempts gave the same error. In Device Manager, Ports COM & LPT > CH340 -> Port Settings > advanced, I got the same screen that ylaviolette's screenshot shows, including the three entries under the Com Port box which are, by default, all unchecked. Checking the Enabling the Serial Port Enumerator box fixed the issue and enabled the Arduino app to complete the upload. With that done, RMIR worked as intended to download my JP1 remote. If I then disabled the Serial Port Enumerator and tried again to download the remote in RMIR, I got No remotes found, so it seems that Serial Port Enumerator needs to be enabled for both loading the Arduino sketch and running the interface in RMIR. This setting appears to be preserved for the particular COM port between uses.

2. The JP1 EEPROM interface using a genuine Nano Every, which has superseded the original Nano. This worked directly without a problem. Indeed, the Device Manager display for the Port advanced settings does not have the extra three entries under the Com Port box.

3. The AIRWidget with the Chinese Nano clone. The AIRWidget does not support the genuine Nano Every, so this is the only case to try. The Serial Port Enumerator needed to be enabled for the Arduino Sketch to upload, but once uploaded, IRScope ran with the Serial Port Enumerator either enabled or disabled.

I will update the instructions for both JP1EEPROM and AIRWidget to explain the Win11 situation. I am immensely grateful to ylaviolette for discovering this issue and how to fix it, as I don't think it would ever have occurred to me to look at Port Settings > advanced or to try this checkbox.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: