JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Inteset INT-422-4 dumb n00b question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8nagel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:10 pm    Post subject: Inteset INT-422-4 dumb n00b question Reply with quote

Good evening everyone

I'm using an Inteset IReTV to control my Fire TV Stick 4K.

I just realized that the INT-422-4, which is the remote actually intended to control the IReTV, is a JP1 remote - and it also can control other devices, using other setup codes. It's also fairly cheap in the grand scheme of things.

Were I to get a JP1 cable, could I then program the remote using the setup codes for each device it's supposed to control and then download from the remote and have enough info to create upgrades for my Xsight Color? Would that be true of any device that it supposedly controls?

I apologize if this is basic, but even though I've been using the Xsight for years all I've ever done is learned from original remotes, brute forced, learned from Harmony, and made my own upgrades from manufacturer code lists. However this could open up new possibilities if I don't have an original remote or a code list and Harmony fails... (I have actually bought several original remotes off eBay in my quest to document all my gear)
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know the setup codes for your devices and they are ones built in to the XSight Color then you should be able to program them directly into the XSight Color without needing any info from the INT-422-4. The XSight remotes do not support the direct entry of setup codes in the way most UEI remotes such as the INT-422-4 do but RMIR is able to tell you how to do it. If you select Home > Settings > Device Setup > Add Device on the remote, it will ask you what sort of device it is, such as VCR. It then asks for the Brand, such as Daewoo, and says "Begin Test", offering you each of the built-in setup codes for that device and brand. You either select "Works!" if it is correct, or "Next" for the next code.

What RMIR does is tell you, for a particular setup code, what device and brand to select and which entry for that brand to use. As an example, say we want VCR/0278. In RMIR, download your XSight Color and then open the Code Selector on the toolbar. Do not disconnect the remote from RMIR. There is text under the Valid Device Codes panel that explains this, but we will work through my example. Press the Connect button in the Code Selector panel. After that loads, it displays a Location panel with entries for Category, Brand and Position. You don't enter anything in that panel, it is there to give you information. We want VCR/0278 so select VCR on the Device Type dropdown and then 0278 in the display of device codes. The Location panel will then show Category=VCR, Brand=Daewoo, Position=01/04. Disconnect the remote from the PC, go to Settings > Device Setup > Add Device and select VCR, then Daewoo, and press Begin Test. The 01/04 means that there are 4 codes for this brand and that you want the first one. The display will say "Testing V0278". Device types all have a single-letter code in the remote, V corresponding to VCR, and 0278 is what we have chosen. Press "Works!" without actually doing a test and it will set up VCR/0278 as required. If it was position 02/04 then you would want the second entry so reply Next and then Works! to the second entry.

Something to be aware of is that some users do not select their region correctly when setting up the remote, as for many purposes it does not matter. For this purpose it does matter, The Category line will display "Not available in ... region" if you select a code from a region that does not support your selection.

If you try this and have problems with it, do let me know by posting again in the forum.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already have all the codes in the Inteset remote:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=141187#141187

Here's the Nvidia Shield codes directly from the remote:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=141421#141421

This should contain the 02049 codes (Xbox360 for Fire Stick via IReTV) directly from UEI:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26783

And I assume you already have the button map:
http://downloads.inteset.com/Inteset_INT-422-3_Key_Mapping_for_IReTV.pdf

If I hadn't sold my IReTV and all my Inteset remotes a long time ago, I'd offer to do fresh downloads for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: