JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Keene IRanywhere modules

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuliu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:58 am    Post subject: Keene IRanywhere modules Reply with quote

I bought two pairs of these mudules for GBP 175.
It allows one to use physical remote and send the signal to the receiving module, and through internet the target module will send ir signal to your av devices remote to you.

Uses case is mostly used along with hdmi encoder to form a place-shifting solution.

I have tested one pair of them. I tried to decode the signal that the target ir emitter sends with irscrutinixer and irwidget but I think the ir emmiter has very low signal and I couldn't get anything. If I send with physical remotes of ubtv, mytvsuoer, or nowtv, all works for the stbs, providing the stb is close enough to the ir emitter. Note that these devices use nec1 protocols.

I check my Panasonic tv remote and it won't work. No matter how close I place the emitter close to the tv sensor, it won't feel a thing.
As we know Panasonic tv use Panasonic protocol.

My original intention was to be able to remotely control my Panasonic satellite stb which is remotely to me. Am I out of luck? Now that even Panasonic tv refuses to work.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had never heard of these modules, so my suggestion may be nonsense. But Panasonic is a 48 bit protocol as opposed to 32 bits with NEC. It also has a longer leadout time than NEC. So perhaps checking "Allow long duration IR codes" in the configuration may help.
https://info.keene-electronics.co.uk/iranywhere/Options.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: