JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Magnavox CDB 582 (or Philips CD582)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8nagel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered something interesting while OCD style looking for something else in the Philips CD460/560 service manual (available at Elektrotanya, albeit in German). On page 7-1 in the block diagram of the remote control, the little numbers in bubbles over the switches correspond exactly to the OBCs that I determined for the same functions.

Unfortunately, there is no definition for 51 or 63 so those are still a mystery to me... nor are they there for the numbers 0-9, which on that model will light the red light on the unit's faceplate when those keys are pressed, but they don't seem to do anything.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n8nagel wrote:
Added a "Display" button as well as OBCs 51 and 63 which I'm not sure what they do. 63 responds just like any other working button but doesn't seem to do anything. 51 lights the remote light on the faceplate solid, but it goes out after pressing any other button.

OBC 63 is "CD Select", which came from this upgrade for a Philips 3-CD unit. I haven't come across OBC 51 yet.

I found the manual that you mentioned here:
https://elektrotanya.com/philips_cd460_cd560_00b-00r-01r-05r_07r-10r_sm.pdf/download.html
n8nagel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what purpose that would serve in a single disc player though... this might end up just remaining a mystery for a while
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't serve any purpose, I was just telling you what it is. The firmware on your player is probably the same as the one they use on multi-disk players, they just don't include that button on the single disc remotes. So that's why your player acknowledges the button but doesn't appear to do anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: