JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Insignia NS-RMT5D21
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:09 pm    Post subject: Insignia NS-RMT5D21 Reply with quote

Complete RDF Pic and Map for the Insignia NS-RMT5D21 5 device remote. Made by modifying and combining RDF'S for the URC-3660 and URC-3660 V2
It may need fine tuning

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26721
davecs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:51 am    Post subject: Insignia NS-RMT5D21 Reply with quote

Split from here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103263

mathdon wrote:
Unless something unexpected crops up, the next build of RMIR will be a public release numbered v3.0.0, as suggested by davecs. It seems to be getting pretty stable now, so I feel it is time to expose it to a wider audience. In preparation, I have added the RDF, map and image files for the Charter OCAP 4, Insignia NS-RMT5D21 and URC-3840 Slim Line 4 remotes from the RDFs - Development folder in the File Section and have updated the digitmaps.bin file to v.767. If there is anything else that needs adding or fixing, now is the time to say so.

I tried the 4 RDF files you mentioned. With the Insignia, the .map and .jpg files didn't match with the name in the RDF file so that needed altering slightly. There's an "-1" at the end of the stem of the filename in the RDF file that shouldn't be there. Although I don't have one of these, from the photo it shows only 4 device buttons, and I understand that you can also get to the "Audio" device by some devious means (pressing two buttons? I seem to recall reading it somewhere). There isn't a DVD button, so presumably this should be replaced by something like "dev7" in the RDF? And the second paragraph under "Notes" needs replacing, as that refers to the 6-button variants 3660/1.

The others seem OK from an academic point of view, but, of course, that doesn't make them right!!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davecs wrote:
With the Insignia, the .map and .jpg files didn't match with the name in the RDF file so that needed altering slightly. There's an "-1" at the end of the stem of the filename in the RDF file that shouldn't be there. Although I don't have one of these, from the photo it shows only 4 device buttons, and I understand that you can also get to the "Audio" device by some devious means (pressing two buttons? I seem to recall reading it somewhere). There isn't a DVD button, so presumably this should be replaced by something like "dev7" in the RDF? And the second paragraph under "Notes" needs replacing, as that refers to the 6-button variants 3660/1.

Many thanks for pointing this out. I took it on trust that these new Insignia files were OK. Now I look at them, I see that they are a complete mess. The map file appears to be the URC-3660 one re-named but otherwise unchanged. As a result, RMIR shows the URC-3660 image in the layout for this new Insignia. If I amend the map file to show the correct image, the map does not superimpose on it properly. In addition it has outlines over the two blank spaces where there are buttons on the 3660 but not the Insignia. I am not going to attempt to fix all this. I will leave this remote out from the release build unless HamburgerHelper1, who posted it, or anyone else, fixes it before the release.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:14 pm    Post subject: RMIR v2.15.0 pre-release for testing Reply with quote

Sorry about that I had several Trial files and inadvertently uploaded the wrong ones
I do have working files but I now see that the Dev 5-8 have to be renamed
I will upload as time permits
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:14 pm    Post subject: RMIR v2.15.0 pre-release for testing Reply with quote

I have too many bad things going on that i will never have time to finish i think just renaming things to dev 5 6 7 8 is all that's left sorry

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26733
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: RMIR v2.15.0 pre-release for testing Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
I have too many bad things going on that i will never have time to finish i think just renaming things to dev 5 6 7 8 is all that's left sorry

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26733

Sorry, but the image shown in RMIR for the Insignia is still the URC-3660 as the map file is still the URC-3660 one simply renamed. It is not simply a question of changing the #$GIF entry in the map, which is where the image file is picked up from. The map then does not match the image, so the whole map needs recreating. For me, it is not worth the effort so I will still omit this remote from the release build.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:41 am    Post subject: RMIR v2.15.0 pre-release for testing Reply with quote

this one better and map pic should be correct but extra devices are wrong

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26734
davecs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: RMIR v2.15.0 pre-release for testing Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:

That looks better, except for the text in "Notes".

I read somewhere that "Audio" is available (hence 5 devices not 4), but you have to press a combination of buttons to access it. I've looked on line for a manual, but without success.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the Manual
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26735
and the code list
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26736
and the page I got them From
https://www.insigniaproducts.com/pdp/NS-RMT5D21/6495828#support
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:47 pm    Post subject: RMIR v2.15.0 pre-release for testing Reply with quote

Well the manual states to use audio such as for your soundbar on TV hold setup and Vol + until 2 blinks of Tv to enter simpleset code
or setup and Vol- to enter device code but with either one i do not get 2 blinks
So this remote is more complicated than thought.
davecs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: RMIR v2.15.0 pre-release for testing Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
Well the manual states to use audio such as for your soundbar on TV hold setup and Vol + until 2 blinks of Tv to enter simpleset code
or setup and Vol- to enter device code but with either one i do not get 2 blinks
So this remote is more complicated than thought.

It does seem as if it's meant to use only the volume up/down/mute functions on your audio device, with no way to access any other functions (tone controls, radio) it may have. I suppose it makes sense if that's all you want, but a lot of modern amps have radios built in, with station presets, bluetooth options and so on. At least with RMIR we can access the full features of your audio equipment.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: RMIR v2.15.0 pre-release for testing Reply with quote

davecs wrote:
HamburgerHelper1 wrote:

That looks better, except for the text in "Notes".

I have posted a suggested revision of the RDF in HamburgerHelper1's latest. I have revised the Notes and done the necessary renaming of the extra devices. I still don't like the map. Trying to use an existing map, with a few edits, to be superposed on an image of a different remote never quite works. It is virtually impossible to get the alignment correct. However, it is the best we are going to get, and I believe the RDF to be OK, too. So if davecs and Rob agree, I will change my mind and include this version in the release build.
davecs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: RMIR v2.15.0 pre-release for testing Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
So if davecs and Rob agree, I will change my mind and include this version in the release build.

You don't need my agreement, I was just trying to expedite the release, I don't actually have one of these.

Since the device is like the 6-device version, (3660) with a few buttons missing, and a couple with different labels even though they do exactly the same thing, it should be possible to rescale the device jpg so that the button map falls exactly in the right spot! EDIT maybe easier said than done as the jpg images are the same size but have slightly different perspective. I'm sure that in the real world the buttons are laid out exactly the same!

Last edited by davecs on Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:45 pm    Post subject: Insignia NS-RMT5D21 Reply with quote

I think this RDF should be held back till a new Map is made
I only posted it so that people would get an idea of what this remote is like
I may try making map in the next 2 days
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject: Insignia NS-RMT5D21 Reply with quote

I made a new map
But I am getting rmaster err
ERROR: ButtonMap 0 includes unknown keycode $5, Creating button!
ERROR: ButtonMap 0 includes unknown keycode $72, Creating button!
ERROR: ButtonMap 0 includes unknown keycode $71, Creating button!
Warning: Shape defined for unknown button Rewind(Held)
Warning: Shape defined for unknown button FastFwd(Held)
I tested built in codes and FFW HELD AND REW HELD do work
I also edited mathdon's suggested RDF
I changed app 1 2 3 to A B C
Here is zip of files

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26738&sid=e8630ffd4ebee448d84ff792b1e8dbc3
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: