JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3702-1 - Inteset INT422-4 (new version)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Macros on all INT422-4 keys but setup Reply with quote

Mjh-NM wrote:
P.S. Rob, here in New Mexico we call it Foo-oo-oo-oo-oo-t-bol! As in G-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-l!!!! But we translate for you Chicago gringos!! Laughing

Yeah, I can see that, but what you don't know is, I'm originally from the UK, so I speak English-English, lol. Well, I used to, my UK family says I sound like a Yank now!
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob's the Remote's world version of Bob Hope. Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
Rob's the Remote's world version of Bob Hope. Smile

You can call me Rob Hope !!!
Mjh-NM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject: Updated RDF Reply with quote

After working with RMIR for a while with Rob's "starter" files, I have updated the RDF, JPG, and MAP files to better match with this new JP1.4 Interface remote. ZIP with all three files is in the Diagnosis Area:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26582
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you list what changes you made to the RDF?
Mjh-NM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

All changes are cosmetic associated only with names. I changed no functions or codes. Following the formats in the RDF4 Specification and Addendum documents I did the following concerning names in the [Buttons] section of the RDF file:
- Each "ButtonName" now uses either the text actually printed on the remote’s key, or is the name/phrase used for that key in the Inteset documentation for this remote
- Each "ButtonName" which requires it is enclosed in quotes
- A "GenericName" has been added for any "ButtonName" which is not a standard generic button name

Obviously any of these RDF button name changes also must be reflected in the MAP file. By default the name in the MAP file for a button area is expected to be the "ButtonName" from the RDF file. However, I discovered that a name for a button area may not contain spaces nor several of the other reserved special characters including quotes which are allowed for a "ButtonName". After browsing posts on the JP1 forum I discovered that the name of a button area can alternatively be of the format "$xx:text". The "$xx" is the "BtnCode" for that button from the RDF file, and "text" is some one word comment, typically the abbreviated name (without spaces or special characters) for that button, which is only readable within the MAP file to make that button entry more human readable. This alternate format now allows each mapped button area to reflect the same more descriptive "ButtonName" which is allowed in the RDF file.

Finally I made sure all three of the filenames themselves, and their names in entries within the files, abided by the file naming conventions posted on this forum.

Obviously all of this is really just cosmetic, but I feel it is appropriate practice.
Mjh-NM

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:33 pm    Post subject: Update JPG and MAP file Reply with quote

I uploaded a new zip file with the existing RDF, but an updated JPG of this model and a MAP file to match. The functionality of the RDF is unchanged, but I added "generic names" to the Button names for completeness. As noted before all this is really just cosmetic. But after working with the RM programs with this remote I felt these cosmetic changes were appropriate to make a better match with the OEM documentation. I just edited the upload and its comments, so the link to the zip file remains the same as above.

Thanks again, Rob, for all your help. This remote now controls everything I want it to do with my equipment.
Mjh-NM

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:48 pm    Post subject: Web page of programming the INT 422-4 Reply with quote

I have been using my INT 422-4 remotes for a while and (like an anal retired engineer) decided to document what I learned and what I did. This way when I get another device, or want to add a feature, my elderly brain will have this page to recall the actions required. The web page is a bit lengthy, as it includes everything I did complete with images and tables of all the code. Hopefully someone may benefit from my learning curve.

https://www.rr-nm.net/Computer/INT422.HTML

Michael

P.S. Thanks again, Rob, for all your help.

P.P.S. Sure would like to have an extender for this device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: