JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Removing a device

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ranman

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 1:26 pm    Post subject: Removing a device Reply with quote

I'm using RMIR V2.15.18 to make some changes to an old remote file I have. I need to remove a CBL device, but can't seem to figure out how to do it. I see it on the General tab as device #1. I've deleted it from the DEVICES tab, and deleted any associated Key Moves. I think I might be making this too hard, lol. I've been playing around with JP1 remotes since the Radio Shack 15-1994 days, but only touch this stuff every couple of years when I need to make a change. And I'm old, lol. Thanks in advance for any help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by "removing a device"? Are you using an upgrade? If so, you can delete the upgrade from the Devices tab, as you have done. On the General tab, you just assign setup codes to device buttons. You can't delete a device button for (hopefully) obvious reasons. You can't delete setup codes from the remote's built in memory. So what are you trying to do on the General tab? If you see the upgrade's setup code there, you can replace it with a different setup code, but you can't delete it. If you re-load to the remote with a non-existent setup code on a device button, the remote will automatically revert it to the default setup code for that device button.
ranman

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I get it now. Yes, I was using an upgrade. I was getting the "WARNING: Setup Codes shown in RED are invalid." and "The current setup contains invalid device codes." messages. Now I see I just needed to change the setup code for that device button to one of the built-in ones for that device type.

It's been a while, lol. I was just trying to eliminate my cable box so I was removing the device upgrade, macros and key moves for it. This may be the first time I've ever completely eliminated a device in 20 years of using JP1 software. Usually I'm just replacing devices.

Thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you've completely eliminated cable from your system now? We still have ours, but we don't use it very much. We've evolved from "there's nothing to watch on cable" to "there's nothing to watch on Netflix".
ranman

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pull the plug next week so I'm just getting prepared. I'm trying to get the backup remotes programmed for ease-of-use for my wife. We'll be using a Roku solely after next week for Hulu+Live TV, Netflix, Prime, Plex, etc. This week is just practice, lol. I had to wait till Magnolia was available on a streaming service to drop cable and Magnolia was just added to Hulu last week.
davecs

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Removing a device Reply with quote

ranman wrote:
I'm using RMIR V2.15.18 to make some changes to an old remote file I have. I need to remove a CBL device, but can't seem to figure out how to do it. I see it on the General tab as device #1. I've deleted it from the DEVICES tab, and deleted any associated Key Moves. I think I might be making this too hard, lol. I've been playing around with JP1 remotes since the Radio Shack 15-1994 days, but only touch this stuff every couple of years when I need to make a change. And I'm old, lol. Thanks in advance for any help.

I hope you mean 2.14.18. The 2.15 series is only as far as 2.15.7 unless I've missed something!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: