JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to convert protocol/OBC info to Pronto Hex?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8nagel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:31 pm    Post subject: How to convert protocol/OBC info to Pronto Hex? Reply with quote

I know I've done it but it was a long time ago.

I am trying to convey info that I've figured out to Logitech so they can update their Harmony program for a small Philips TV I have. Their tech support people want the information in Pronto Hex format.

How do I do this? A link to an online how-to guide would be fine, no need to type everything out if the information is out there.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrScrutinizer
n8nagel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I've got it installed, but I haven't a clue what I'm doing. So far I've managed to export my working device upgrade to a .girr file and it is now open in IRScrutinizer under "Scrutinize Remote", the "Parametric Remote" tab. I apparently can export this to a .ccf although I need to make some assumptions here.

1. what should I pick? Right now my "Export" tab is set up to Export Format: ProntoClassic, Pronto Model: TS1000, Screen Size 220 240, Button Size 80 30 (I assume the last two don't matter for what I'm trying to do)

2. once generated, how do I read the .ccf file so I can see the Pronto Hex codes for each command?

I apologize is this is super basic, I think I used IRScrutinizer years ago on my very first project years ago (a Luxman TP-117) and never since.
n8nagel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind - I found the hint I needed in another post. I didn't see that "text" was one of the export options, I'm good now I think.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n8nagel wrote:
So far I've managed to export my working device upgrade to a .girr file

If you used RMIR to do that export, which I presume you did, just open the .girr file with a text editor. The pronto hex for each signal is between the [ccf] and [/ccf] delimiters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: