JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Backup and Restore to new remote ctrl not completly

View previous topic :: View next topic  
earth__22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject: Backup and Restore to new remote ctrl not completly Reply with quote

Hi,
I backed up my currently used remote (URC7599) to rmir file.
If I use this rmir backup file for the new remote (same model URC7955) then not all devices are available,
means: when I loop through the devices with the device-button the STB and MEDIA device are skipped.
It toggles just between TV and AUDIO. (BLU was never programmed)
The STB and MEDIA are devices with "learned signals" and I see these in the learned signals tab of the software.

If I do a download from the new programmed remote ctrl I see that the
learned signals also there.
So how to activate the skipped devices STB and MEDIA when i press device button?

Thanks for your support!

/Alex
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post your .rmir file in the Diagnosis Area, and then a link to it in this thread, for me to look at. It could be a bug in RMIR, as I have never tried that remote with a device that is purely learned signals. In that case I think I can provide a work-around but would like first to test it on my URC-7955 with the same data you are using.
earth__22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added the rmir file in the diagnostic area:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26683

/Alex
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I load your setup into RMIR, I see that not only do you have the problem with device selection, but also RMIR says that the setup code of 4396 is invalid. I don't think anyone has used a setup code beyond 4095 in this remote before, so we did not know that such values were supported. You can easily fix this in RMIR by loading your .rmir file, editing the RDF and adding the line

16BitSetupCode=Yes

to the end of the [General] section. You can open the RDF for editing by clicking on the Open RDF button on the toolbar (the one with a page and a magnifying glass). When you press Save, after the change, select Yes to apply it and save it.

I do not know why the STB and MEDIA devices are not selectable with setups that are purely learned signals, but here is a workaround. Assign to them a device upgrade with no signals, as follows. Go to the Devices tab, press New and then OK, without changing anything. It will ask if you want to assign this new upgrade to a device button. Select STB and press OK. Then go to the General tab, where you will see this assignment. Edit the setup code on the MEDIA device by double-clicking the box and set that also to 0000. If you upload this setup, the STB and MEDIA devices will now be selectable.

I will investigate why the devices with only learned signals are not selectable when saved in a .rmir file and re-loaded, but that will be some time later as I am not at present in a position to create a new RMIR build.

Do please check whether this workaround solves the problem for you, and report back.
earth__22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
the setup code 4396 comes from the OneForAll App, that set this code for the found Sony TV.
The error hint disappears with the 16BitSetupCode setting in [Genaral] section.
And the workaround solve the problem.
STB and MEDIA are now selectable and the keys are working as programmend. Surprised)

You could post a hint here if the RMIR fixes this problem.

Thank you!

/Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: