JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

how to find Momitsu V880 DVD discrete ON code?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chas6000

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: how to find Momitsu V880 DVD discrete ON code? Reply with quote

I have a 9910 remote and use JP1. its easy to learn the power code, but how would I research and find or discover the discrete ON if there is one?

this is a NEC1 device

thanks!
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, there is no discrete on. Many DVD's turn on from Off with the Play command. If so, a macro for Play|Stop=On and Play|Power Toggle=Off
chas6000

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jon --

unfortunately, it looks like this DVD is not one that will power on with anything but the ON button. And I was afraid that there was probably no discrete ON.

thanks!
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I fully answered your question although I knew in this case that others have already done the steps below:

If you can't find a discrete command from a device upgrade in the JP1 files or searching at Remote Central(RC), Premise Systems, LIRC IR files, or the manufacturer's web site, then you can try all 256 possible commands.

There is a risk in doing this since occasionally you hit a reset, get into a service mode, etc. using undocumented commands.

In this particular case, I have worked with several people who have this device and have even seen an official document with the IR commands that has nothing beyond what is on the OEM remote. At least two people have tried all 256 commands and came up with nothing not already on the OEM remote.
chas6000

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon --

thanks much for the additional info. This pretty much puts it to rest and I wont spend any more time in this direction

Just for my learning, is there an easy way to identify all of the advanced code sets which use NEC1 - this way I could look for any which used some codes I already know are used by a device and then just try the discretes listed for those code sets?

thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a JP1 user, the easiest way to test all the remaining EFC codes is this...

1) Cut & paste the OBC codes from KM to another spreadsheet and then sort them. This should make it easy to spot gaps in the sequence.

2) In a seperate column of the new spreadsheet start entering all the gap OBCs, feel free to use Excel's formulae to enter large ranges of OBCs (eq, =A1+1).

3) (Optional step) To make things easier to follow when you've copied these codes back to KM, you could add another column with a description. To do this, in the column before the new list of gap OBCs, use this formula: ="OBC "&b1 (where B1 is column where the OBCs can be found.

4) Cut & paste the two columns back to KM's function sheet (using "Paste Special > Values".

5) Assign these new OBCs to buttons. You can use cut & paste here also. You won't be able to assign all 256 OBCs at once, so assign as many as you can.

6) Then load the upgrade and test it. If any of the buttons do something, make a note of which button it was and see which OBC you had assigned to the button.

7) Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the rest of the OBCs.
chas6000

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob -- this gets pasted to my notebook of tricks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: