JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best options to program JP1 remotes with USB in 2021!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carwarr wrote:
If you want to see how hacky it looks right now, you can check it out here:
https://i.imgur.com/Gw3ndC4.jpg

Thanks for reposting to imgur. You call that hacky? I call it neat and tidy, you should have seen mine Laughing .
Carwarr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject: Pro Mini Mega2560 Reply with quote

So when I bought my clone Arduino Mega 2560, the same seller had what they are calling Pro Mini Mega2560 that I also bought since it was so small.

Here is a link to it:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002861370994.html
You have to click the last "color" option to select "PRO MINI MEGA2560" to see the one I got.

Anyway, I wanted to make sure it would work but where the heck are the SDA and SCL pins? So turned out it was not exactly Pin for Pin the same as the full size MEGA... Well actually it is, you just have to know what to look for.

Turned out that D20 (digital pin 20) is SDA and D21 (digital pin 21) is SCL.
If you are familiar with the Arduino stuff, this would probably be perfectly clear but since this is the first time I have been playing with them and trying to figure out why every pin has multiple labels, it was a little confusing.

So I hooked it up using those pins, and it worked just as good as the full size Mega board.

Just thought I would post that info here just in case someone else runs into that issue.

Mitch
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carwarr wrote:
Anyway, I wanted to make sure it would work but where the heck are the SDA and SCL pins? So turned out it was not exactly Pin for Pin the same as the full size MEGA... Well actually it is, you just have to know what to look for.

Turned out that D20 (digital pin 20) is SDA and D21 (digital pin 21) is SCL.

I've never heard of the PRO MINI MEGA2560 before and am glad to hear that works as well. Thanks for letting me know. I see that it has multi-function pins like the Nano, but while it uses D20 and D21 for SDA and SCL, the Nano uses A4 and A5. Very interesting.
dkraines

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to follow this thread, I have a URC8910, which I believe is just plain old JP1.

OK, I keep editing this, found an Atmega328P nano in my parts cabinet, my other Atmega168PA one that I was initially working with wasn't working for me.

JP1 pin1 jumped to JP1 pin2
JP1 pin3 -> nano GND
JP1 pin4 -> nano A4
JP1 pin5 -> nano GND
JP1 pin6 -> nano A5

Loaded JP1_Arduino.ino (2021-12-14) and uploaded sketch to nano successfully

Installed RMIR 2.13.5, Option, Advanced, Find All Arduino

Download from remote, it worked.

JP1 pinout (I first used the pinout in the INO file, apparently, in my case, it was reversed up down, as I googled the pinout and found this, which works this way on the 8910):

2 4 6 JP1 (JP1 is printed on circuit board in this position)
1 3 5

Also, I just tried, this works with a regular Arduino UNO, don't know if it's because my remote is JP1 parallel.

Thanks All! I don't have to deal with the parallel port anymore.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@dkraines

Thanks for letting me know that you now have this sorted, and also that you have tested it with the Arduino UNO and that works too.
dtrump

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize this is an old thread, but it is the latest that I find that seems to relate to an issue that I am having with an Arduino EEPROM interface.

I purchased a Chinese Nano from MakerFocus to dedicate to this use. I have loaded the driver required and the Arduino code that appears to have been posted in December 2021.

My problem is that RMIR recognizes my two JP1 remotes (RS 15-2117 and URC8910) only intermittently, probably 1 out of 5 to 10 attempts to Download. I most often get an error indicating no matching RDF for "null". So far, it seems that once downloading is successful, I'm able to upload repeatedly without issue as long as I keep the remote connected.

I am using RMIR v2.14.16, so presumably includes the fixes that Mathdon made to accommodate the Chinese Nanos. If this just seems to be caused by the MakerFocus Nano and a Nano Every or some other version would solve my problems, I'm willing to take that step.

FWIW, I'm planning to use the 15-2117 for an exercise TV that will share a STB with a large screen in the next room. Thus the need for the RF capability.

Dick
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: