JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One For All URC 7935 Streamer Remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackFrost

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Try this file to see if it works, if it does, feel free to customize the button layout as you see fit.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26201

Keep in mind that this remote doesn't have any device buttons, so I have added the upgrade 3 times and assigned it to each of the 3 device modes. The Streamer upgrade is the one that will give you the most working buttons.

It works, just tried it without customizing it further.

But I do not understand one thing. By default I have 3 device buttons assigned, it was like that stock. But I can only edit the middle one: Audio. Thats where I have uploaded rmdu file for TDAI1120. But it does not save in the end.

When I tried your file, all 3 rows (device buttons) are editable in General tab. I could probably call it a day, some folks over internet got it to work but I would like to understand why I can not achieve same result.

Either way, I am very gratefull for help I received from The Robman, Barf and mdavej.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your earlier images reflect the stock remote, it appears it came with one device upgrade loaded, the other 2 devices were using built in setup codes, and those cannot be edited, you can only edit upgrades.

What I did was, I created a fresh image with no upgrades using RMIR, then on the Devices tab I clicked NEW and added the upgrade file that I created and saved it. I then cloned it 2 times, changing the Device Type each time so that there was 1 cable (Streamer), 1 TV and 1 Audio upgrade, and when I saved each of them, I selected the appropriate device "button".
JackFrost

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need to clone it 3 times or just one "Device button" can also work?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use this remote, so I'm not 100% positive, so I did that just to be safe. I suspect you could create a single Streaming upgrade and it would work.
JackFrost

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will fiddle with it in next days, have saved settings that works so I can always go back while testing and learning stuff.

Thanks again, I really appreciate all that helped in making it happen to work with Lyngdorf.
TiceRex

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject: RMIR inconsistency Reply with quote

According to the Activity tab the CH+ and CH- buttons always belong to the Streamer device (both in normal and in CEC mode), but in RMDU these can be programmed for the Audio device also.

Actually the Activity tab is right, the channel buttons don't work for audio.

I propose to fix it by changing this line in "262403 (URC-7935 OFA Streamer).rdf", in the [ButtonMaps] section:
Code:
1 = (), ($19, $1A, $1B), ($1C, $1D)

to this:
Code:
1 = (), ($19, $1A, $1B)
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to dredge this up, but does anyone know if the backlight on the Streamer is motion activated or only comes on with a button push? Thanks!

xnappo wrote:
I think it is only a matter of time before OneForAll makes a remote with bluetooth though - hopefully sooner rather than later (since I have been participating in JP1 discussion since ~1998!)

xnappo,

Agreed, and I know this thread is pretty old and your post is way back, but the new(ish) MVPD remote https://www.uei.com/universal-electronics-inc.-to-launch-apple-tv-remote-control-for-mvpds is Bluetooth and backlit.

As far as I can tell, it is only available OEM, and there seem to be relatively few takers. Spectrum cable customers can get one, and I found one used on the bay, but they seem to be hard to find. Hoping that mine will be here Monday.
TiceRex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jherrick wrote:
Sorry to dredge this up, but does anyone know if the backlight on the Streamer is motion activated or only comes on with a button push? Thanks!

The backlight comes up on a button press only.
(In this sense it is kind of motion activated: the motion is to push a button. Wink )
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiceRex,

Thanks for the answer. I was afraid of that, and many remotes are promoted as backlit but only on a button push. This, to me, is pointless. If I am sitting in a darkened room, I want the remote to illuminate when I pick it up.

Anyway, thanks again for the quick response.

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: