JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR v2.14 available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Development build 10 has now been replaced by RMIR v2.14.11 in the same development folder, see the preceding posts. This new build includes support for segment type $1B, first seen in the Insignia Sony NS-RMTSNY17 discussed in this thread.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Development build 11 has now been replaced by RMIR v2.14.12 in the same development folder, see the preceding posts. This build improves the facilities for copying and editing in the Segments Panel.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR v2.14.15 is now officially released. This is the first official release of RMIR since v2.14.0. All builds from 1 to 14 were for development purposes, as there have been a large number of improvements, bug fixes and additions since that last release. In particular, the included IrpTransmogrifier has been upgraded to version 1.2.11, the CommHID interface to version 2.0 and the digitmaps.bin support file to version 758. The CommHID upgrade allows XSight remotes to be supported with Raspberry Pi, which previously could not support this interface, though so far this has only been tested with Raspberry Pi 4. Several new RDFs have been added and others improved. The added ones have now been deleted from the RDFs - Development folder, which is used only for files not included in the current official release.

Many of these changes affect only a few specific remotes, but this update is recommended to all users as some improvements affect all remotes.
jackching

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of remotes where if you assign a macro to the colored buttons and include a device button within the macro sequence, it wont work. But these remotes were programmed with something like rmir 2.12. Has this issue been addressed since then? I thought i may have read somewhere that it has but not 100% sure.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@jackching

This seems like a property of the remotes concerned, not something that RMIR can change.
hillyerm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject: Functions Tab Problem Reply with quote

After importing an rmdu upgrade and saving the rmir file the Functions tab for the device becomes unusable when scrolling up and down

rmaster.err excerpt:
Code:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3
   at com.hifiremote.jp1.ChoiceRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(ChoiceRenderer.java:35)
   at javax.swing.JTable.prepareRenderer(Unknown Source)
   at com.hifiremote.jp1.JTableX.prepareRenderer(JTableX.java:393)
   at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI.paintCell(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI.paintCells(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI.paint(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.plaf.ComponentUI.update(Unknown Source)

Steps to recreate:

1. Start with a new URC-3660
2. Download from Remote, save the resulting rmir file, exit
3. Open the rmir file from 2.)
4. Devices tab, New, Open Pioneer PDP-5080HD.rmdu http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5416, OK, OK, OK, change Device Type to TV, OK, save as a new rmir file, exit
5. Open the rmir file from 4.)
6. Devices tab, double click on the new device from 4.)
7. Go to the Functions tab and try to scroll all the way down
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hillyerm wrote:
After importing an rmdu upgrade and saving the rmir file the Functions tab for the device becomes unusable when scrolling up and down

Thank you for this error report. The behaviour is due to an obscure bug in RMIR that I will fix in the next release.

The behaviour occurs because the rmdu uses protocol id 007E variant 3 while the remote has built in variant 5 of the same protocol. The process of loading the rmdu into your setup changes the protocol id to 017F to avoid this clash, this new id is saved when you save the rmir file but RMIR does not identify the correct variant when you re-load that rmir file. You will see on the Devices tab that the variant loaded is shown as variant 2.

I have a workaround that you may use until I issue the fixed release. Open the RDF for the URC-3660 in a text editor. This is the file 369006 (URC-3660).rdf in the RDF subfolder of your RMIR installation folder. Scroll down to the [Protocols] section and delete the entry 007E:5. Save the edited file. RMIR will then not know that the remote has a protocol with id 007E so it will load the upgrade correctly. It will not cause a conflict as a protocol upgrade overrides a built-in protocol with the same id. The only downside is that you will not be able to use a built-in setup code that needs the built-in variant 5 of this protocol, but as far as I know, you do not intend to do that.

Edit: I forgot to say that after you have edited the RDF, you need to repeat the loading of the rmdu file into your setup and the saving of the result as an rmir.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
The only downside is that you will not be able to use a built-in setup code that needs the built-in variant 5 of this protocol, but as far as I know, you do not intend to do that.

Are you sure about that? I don't know about flash remotes, but with EEPROM remotes, installing a new version of an existing executor did NOT affect built in setup codes.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, you are right. Thanks for reminding me. That is still true in modern remotes. The downside is that you can't have a device upgrade that uses variant 5 at the same time as this one that uses variant 3.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR v2.14.16 is now officially released. It is a minor update to the previous release, v2.14.15, which fixes the bug described in the posts above. It also adds a number of new RDFs that have been developed since the last release, together with updates to a few others.
hillyerm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
RMIR v2.14.16 is now officially released. It is a minor update to the previous release, v2.14.15, which fixes the bug described in the posts above ...

Upon reloading the upgrade, the program fix resolved the problem I had. Thanks.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: THE FIRST RELEASE OF THIS VERSION WAS WITHDRAWN DUE TO A BUG. THE BUG IS NOW FIXED, SO THE RELEASE IS AGAIN AVAILABLE.

RMIR v2.14.18 is now officially released. Please note that this is an update of the development version with the same version number and users of that development version should update to this release version. Unfortunately, for technical reasons I was unable to change the build number when creating this release.

This version fixes several issues with Pioneer protocols and one with decoding learned signals as NECx1 and NECx1-f16 protocols. It also includes updates to the RDFs for URC-7880, URC-7980 and URC-7955 to support setup codes greater than 4095, as the remote as been found to support them.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bug that required me to withdraw the first release of RMIR v2.14.18 is now fixed, so this version is now re-released. See the post above for the link and further details. If you want to check that the version you have of v2.14.18 is this corrected release, open it and go to Home > About. The version number at the top will of course be v2.14.18. The distinguishing feature is the value shown for IrpProtocols. This ends in a date, which is 2023-03-29 in this re-release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: