JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 Hell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject: JP1 Hell Reply with quote

Hi all, I haven't been around in a long while. I have not had an equipment change in years.

I rolled into FL last week, when I put my batteries in my remotes, I couldn't get the TV button on ANY of my 7 remotes to work! I need the TV button to get the extenders to start. After 19 years of using my remotes, my husband still has trouble figuring out that if he wants to switch devices, he needs to hold the device button down for a few seconds, can you imagine how frustrating it is to have to do everything manually, kneeling on the floor and pressing the channel up or down button some 600 times to change between his two favorite channels, and even I can't find the volume buttons on the TV.

I thought maybe my batteries were weak, but new batteries were not the issue. I thought maybe my extenders got corrupted after 6 months of no batteries, so spent hours setting up JP1 stuff on my new computer, getting my legacy cables to work, and going through backups looking for my RDMU files. And that didn't help.

So I decided to crack open my remote and look for a problem. I used my remote control putty knife for another project and ruined it, and I have been looking for a new plastic putty knife since before the pandemic and haven't found a sturdy one, they are all too flimsy to open remotes. I finally used a metal knife and gouged the heck out of my case, opened the remote and everything looked fine. Cleaned the rubber membrane and board, and then took a nice sharp pencil and blackened the contacts on the TV button. I don't know why I did that, but when I put it back together and that did fix the problem on that remote.

Six more to go, YUCK!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: