JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR control of Amazon Fire TV stick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what you're asking is, given that, according to this PDF, you can control a Firestick using an IReTV and this XBox upgrade, will this also work with the 4k Firestick and if so, can you create discrete channel codes with it?

I think to answer that we'd need someone with a JP1 remote and a 4k stick to first verify that the XBox upgrade does control their stick with an IReTV, and then once they've confirmed that, they'd need to test the gap OBCs (or EFCs in your case) to see if any of them do anything.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I used to control my 4K stick with an IReTV and Xbox 360 codes. So that works. All we need to do is test the gap OBCs now. But I don’t think I have an IReTV anymore. I can dig through my stuff and confirm. If I find it, I’ll test them.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fire stick 4k max, and IReTV which works fine on the fire stick. But testing all efc for code 02049 didn't come up anything.
n8nagel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys came through again. I have a ~2 year old Fire Stick 4K and I just got an IReTV in the mail today, hooked it up, and used mdavej's upgrade... took all of 10 minutes to hook up and program and now I have ONE remote in the living room! Why did I wait so long to do this? I know I'm getting another one of these when I hook my bedroom TV back up. (unlike normal where if I get a new toy, I have to make an upgrade, this was painless and I already had the activity macro more or less ready to go, just had to map the appropriate buttons to the new Inteset.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: