JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What the what with these buttons?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:55 pm    Post subject: What the what with these buttons? Reply with quote

Hello folks,

I think I have discovered an issue with the Enseo button mapping.

It appears that the Channel up and Channel down are the same button!

If I bind the Ch+ to the RED button and the Ch- to the Green button, the STB changes channels as desired.

However, pressing the labeled Ch+ or Ch- buttons I only get Ch+.

Is there a way for me to double check the button assignments or should I ask Robman to double check the button remapping he did for me?

Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not seeing anything in either the RDF or the MAP that would indicate that I got those 2 buttons mixed up, so I'm wondering if this is a manufacturing defect. Could you run some tests for me? Do you know how to use the 994 Function to copy a button from one spot to another? I would like you to program 2 keymoves in 2 different device modes (remember, you can use macros to switch device mode).

1. Create a keymove in device A mode, copying the MENU button to the CH+ button.
2. Create a keymove in device B mode, copying the MENU button to the CH- button.

Then, look at it in RMIR to see how the keymoves show up, do they both show up as being on the CH+ button, even though one of them was done using the CH- button?
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I am doing the 994 correctly.

I create the Macros to switch between the two devices I have on the remote.

I upload the device upgrade so the macro buttons are usable.

I go through the 994 process, I get the double blink at the top of the keymove, but after I complete the keymove, I don't see the double blink of confirmation.

I have another remote that I tried this with and got the same result.
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, progress.

I think my macros are incorrect.

Standby.
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, after a little stumbling I think I've got what you were asking for.

1. Moving the Menu button for Device A to the Ch+ button shows as a correct keymove in RMIR

2. Moving the Menu button for Device B to the Ch- button shows as a correct keymove in RMIR

https://imgur.com/a/lHLF6P9.png
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, can I see the original RMIR file where you had the issue?
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, no problem.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26592
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CH+/- buttons don't appear to be programmed in this file at all.

Looking at your upgrades, the TP one (CBL/2000) is using the NEC 4Dev Combo protocol, whereas all the buttons appear to use the same device and sub-device code, how come? And you seem to randomly switch between NEC1 and NEC2 for the buttons, any reason for that?
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my troubleshooting, you'll notice that while I did remove the CH+/- buttons. I moved them to the Red/Green buttons. I also removed the CH+/- buttons from the upgrade as part of that troubleshooting, but when I uploaded the device to the remote the CH+/- buttons were not removed and continued to change the channel in one direction.

The device protocol was automatically added when I created the device upgrade from learned commands. I wasn't sure if changing them was required, so I left them alone. Same with the random button switch from NEC1 and NEC2.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try recreating the upgrade using either NEC1 or NEC2 and see if it works, then try the other to see if it works better. The difference between them is in how the buttons repeat when the button is held down.

I wanted to see the RMIR file where the CH buttons were not working properly, but I think this file does give me a clue. I notice that the learned signals are still present and I notice that you learned the CH+ button to both the CH+ and CH- buttons. I can tell this because the learns both show OBC 11 which you have listed as OBC 11 in your upgrade (you have OBC 13 as CH-), so is it possible that you were actually using the learned signals when you found that the both do the same function?
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good eye!

You were correct, I did capture the same signal twice thinking it was different. That's what I get for working late on projects like this.

It looks like NEC2 has the proper button/repeat behavior so I will go with that one.

I've noticed that even after changing learned signals to a device upgrade, the signals hang around in the learned signals window. Should I remove them from the window?

I've also noticed that if I remove the buttons, Exit, Info, and Guide with Device A (active device) the buttons behave as if they were not removed. Is this connected to the learned signals not clearing out?

Edit: I just did a quick test and noticed that yes, removing the learned signals does clear up that strange button behavior.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, once the functions that you learned have been built into an upgrade, there's no need to waste memory by keeping the learned signals around any more.

The reason the functions still work, even after you have deleted the learns is most likely because you have an upgrade present with those functions assigned to those buttons.
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keen!

Thanks Rob and everyone else for your help with this project.

This was fun and now I have a helpful tool for my toolkit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: