JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help: xbox a/v switcher w/dvd remote by Game-Elements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
breakers97

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Help: xbox a/v switcher w/dvd remote by Game-Elements Reply with quote

I have a JP1 learning remote (URC-8811B00), I cannot find the upgrade code or protocol upgrade for my xbox a/v switcher with builtin xbox dvd remote by Game-Elements(GEMINI) here is the link on the product

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1062632293505&productCategoryId=cat08132&type=product

Here is the summary files and saved files from IR5.02. here is the link

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/avSwitcherXboxNdvd.zip

I ran out of memory when trying to learn all the buttons and the protocol is not recognize by DecoderIR. Anyone has an upgrade code / protocol upgrade for it??? Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a very quick glance, these signals look similar to the ones for that no-name Xbox clone remote we looked at recently. (I don't have time to take a closer look right now). That upgrade is here: Xbox-clone.txt if you want to try it.

Here's a picture of the device, for those interested...

Last edited by The Robman on Tue May 18, 2004 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
breakers97

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying. I tried the xbox-clone you recomended, it does not work =( . The one i have has a button on the remote for selecting different audio/video input. Its no rush, whenever you have time just let me know if you find anything. Thanks for the help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've taken a closer look and it's definitely the same code, even the OBCs line up. The only difference is that the other upgrade runs at 37khz, whereas your signals are 38khz. I wouldn't expect that to necessarily make a difference, but as you say the other upgrade doesn't work, try editing the first two bytes of the protocol code, change them from "3F 95" to "3E 93". If that doesn't work, then try changing it to "3D 92".

The only button you won't be able to reproduce with that upgrade is the ENTER button, which uses a different device code. Your info button is labelled as MACRO2 in that upgrade. Also, it appears that you learned the same button to both PAUSE and MENU.
breakers97

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried editing the protocol code to "3D 92" or "3E 93", doesn't work =(

The ENTER button is mapped to toggle between different a/v inputs.

Let me know if you need more info for the device. Thanks for the help.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of a device caring about the difference between 37Khz and 38Khz. Anyway, you tested that, so we're even more sure it wasn't the problem.

There are lots of mistakes one might make in installing and testing an upgrade. Most likely the problem is one of those mistakes, rather than something wrong with xbox-clone file or any difference between your device and the one that was based on.

You may want to post your saved file from IR.EXE (to the diagnosis folder) containing the image that you uploaded to your remote for testing. Maybe someone will spot the error in the that file.
breakers97

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I got it to work. Sorry for all the trouble, it was my mistake....I forgot to change the remote type on the Keymap-Master to URC-8811. Sorry again for all the trouble....Thanks for all the help again everyone.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That still leaves the ENTER button out in the cold. The easiest way to program it is to just learn it, but if you want to use an extender or you just want to do it in a cleaner way, you could program the button using an upgrade and a keymove.

Paste this device upgrade into IR.exe...

Upgrade Code 0 = 1F D1 (DVD/2001)
69 00 01 7F
End

Then program a keymove that uses this setup code with EFC 113 to the ENTER button.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: