JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR v2.13 available
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
I would suggest moving the new option from Remotes to Options (or Options/Advanced), since it is actually an option.

I disagree. It is an option that affects the behaviour of the Interface submenu on the same tab and so is immediately visible to those who might need it, which would not be the case on the Options menu.

Quote:
Also, the name "No port search" is sort-of difficult to understand, possibly "Manual port name entry only" would be better?

The purpose of the option is to prevent the port search that tries to open a whole list of ports. A consequence of the option is to require the port name to be entered manually. I see the case for naming it based on either of these but chose the former as that describes the motivation for the option being selected. It has a tooltip that shows "When selected, interface type and external port must be specified explicitly" which explains the consequence, so I am happy with my choice of name.

Quote:
The new popup if this option is selected is ugly: it contains a degenerated radio-button set with only one selection

I completely agree, and indeed thought the same thing when I implemented it. However, for an option that is likely to have very few users, I did not think it worth the effort of creating alternative pop-ups (not just one, it affects a number of different interfaces) to avoid something whose only fault is to be "not very pretty".
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR v2.14.0 is now released, see this announcement. It is a major update and all users are recommended to upgrade to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: