JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

USB Interface and Batteries

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdepiro

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: USB Interface and Batteries Reply with quote

I just finished constructing the USB interface and everything checked out. Interface passed test, could load driver, etc. I can download from the remote fine with the batteries in. When I try and update to the remote with the batteries in, it doesnt work. If I remove the batteries, it works fine. Is this how it is supposed to function? If not, any clues what I did wrong. I have checked and rechecked all the connections and wires. Any clues? Thanks
Filebug
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried the usb interface with several remotes and I need to remove the batteries for both uploading and downloading. It appears you assembled it correctly and it will probably download with the batteries removed also.
jdepiro

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am confused because Tommy Tyler's instructions state: "Although the interface receives its power from the PC, the remote still needs batteries to power the EEPROM in order to pass the interface check and upload or download. Current drain on the remote is negligible."

Is this correct, the documentation incorrect, or is my interface implemented incorrectly. I was hoping I didnt have to remove batteries to upload/download from the remote.

Thanks for the help.
Filebug
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have requested the documentation to be updated but never got a response. Tommy or Rob care to comment? THANKS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: