JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RDF needed for possible new URC 2056-ISX version
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, I think he's just trying to help us get RMIR and the RDF as complete as possible. This remote evidently supports the $17 segment but RMIR does not. Here's the layout of the $17 segment that was found in the "raw new" file:

0017 = number of bytes
17 = segment 17
DF = segment flags
01 = button code of STB device button
00 = always set to zero
04 = multiplex 4 setup codes
1B 1C 1D 1E = keycodes of activation keys (ie, ABCD)
00 0A 1A = 00 (Cable device type), $0A1A = setup code 2586 (4th upgrade in raw file)
00 09 FA = 00 (Cable device type), $09FA = setup code 2554 (3rd upgrade in raw file)
00 08 CE = 00 (Cable device type), $08CE = setup code 2254 (2nd upgrade in raw file)
00 05 C9 = 00 (Cable device type), $05C9 = setup code 1481 (1st upgrade in raw file)

Basically, this setup was supposed to let you switch between 4 different upgrades that they had pre-loaded into the remote, where one of them (2586) was already assigned to the STB mode.

When he manually deleted everything using RMIR, the 17 and 19 segments got left behind and caused problems later, but when he did a 981 style reset, it also cleared those away.

There is still the question of the DAY and PAGE buttons. DDE12, in your "after 981" file, there aren't any upgrades. Have you tried starting with the after 981 file and re-adding all your upgrades, etc and then tested if everything works, including the DAY/PAGE buttons? If you did this and they don't work, please load that rmir file.
DDE12

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a device is of TV type and is assigned to any device mode button (other than STB), it will lose it's ABCD, Page +/-, Day +/- functions and and instead will send ABCD, Page +/-, Day +/- of STB mode.

Quote:
I do not understand what the user is trying to achieve, so do not see how I can help further.

Ultimately, would like to be able to press the A button when using the Vizio TV upgrade assigned to TV device button and have it send the signal for Pause on Vizio instead of the signal for Home which is assigned to the A button of the Roku that is on STB device button.
DDE12

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Have you tried starting with the after 981 file and re-adding all your upgrades, etc and then tested if everything works, including the DAY/PAGE buttons? If you did this and they don't work, please load that rmir file.

Yes. Please see previous post with my testing results. Here is the rmir.

Also, version 1 of this remote does not have these problems after 981 command. I don't know if that will help in figuring out the issue with version 2.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's keep this on topic for the v2 remote, the v1 remote is different.

So, with that last file, the only problem is that the DAY/PAGE buttons don't work, right? You are able to program the ABCD buttons to do what you like, right? I noticed that you've programmed the PLAY/PAUSE function to the DAY/PAGE buttons in each mode. I assume the PLAY/PAUSE function works on the PLAY and PAUSE buttons.
DDE12

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the ABCD, Page and Day +/- will not send TV device signals. It sends the STB device for those buttons.

If I delete segment 17, the ABCD buttons work for TV type devices but that deactivates many other buttons for all device modes. This was just something I discovered while experimenting, but is causes more problems that is solves.

Yes the Play/Pause works on Play and Pause. I used it for filler to make sure every button was assigned and would send a signal.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a suggestion. As we don't understand why the type 17 segment is having the effect you describe, this is a shot in the dark and may not work. Keep a .rmir file of your present setup before you try this, in case this does not work, so that you can always return to the present state.

The suggestion is based on the fact that the buttons ABCD are all listed in the type 17 segment, corresponding to four different setup codes for the STB device. Segments unknown to RMIR can be edited in the Segment Editor of RMIR. So you could try the following:

1. If you have not already done so, go to Options > Advanced and select "Show Segment Editor". This will give you a new tab named Segments. However, I think you must already have done this.

2. Double-click the Data column entry for the type 17 segment and edit the data to read:

01 00 02 1D 1E 00 07 CE 00 07 BE FF

3. Press Return (or move to a different segment) so that the Apply button becomes enabled. Press this button.

4. Save this modified setup if you like, and upload it to the remote.

This changes the setup multiplex to have only two setup codes rather than four, using buttons C and D but not A and B. Test to see what difference this has made to the actions of the four buttons ABCD.
DDE12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the change you suggested to segment 17 and, unfortunately, it did not have any effect.

There might be some clues in this rmir file to help solve this. Please look at the GPT tab and the notes column for what actually happens. Then look at the device types in the General tab and how the various device types respond differently to the GPT programming. It might also be worth looking at the SegmentTypes in the rdf to make sure that's what we want.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see nothing in that rmir file to explain the behaviour you see. I know that Rob said not to confuse the issue with mentioning v1 of the Titan remote, but I see from its RDF that v1 also supports both type 17 and type 19 segments. Have you set up your v1 remote in the same way as the v2 is now set up? If so, I would be very interested to know if v1 behaves in the way you would like, even though v2 does not. It is looking to me as if there is something hard-coded in the firmware of the v2 that is outside our control that is causing its apparently inexplicable behaviour.
DDE12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, shoot. I was hoping you would see something there that would lead to a solution.

I uploaded two zips that have rmir files from all the steps I took for each version of the remote. I put 01, 02... in the filename to make it easier to go through the steps. I put my changes and observations in the notes section of the Device tabs.
Version 1 Files
Version 2 Files
I have full control of the buttons on the first version of the remote (no commands are being hijacked by STB) after the 981 command.

One of the cable companies that uses this remote has these instructions on their website:
"Press and hold the SETUP button and the red C button on your remote until the CBL or STB button flashes twice. This should reprogram your remote to control your set-top box."
This might have something to do with our issues as Graham has discussed.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDE12 wrote:
One of the cable companies that uses this remote has these instructions on their website:
"Press and hold the SETUP button and the red C button on your remote until the CBL or STB button flashes twice. This should reprogram your remote to control your set-top box."

This is the type 17 segment in action. The A, B, C and D buttons set up the remote for four different models of set-top box. As far as we understand it, this is the only function of the type 17 segment. The only effect of deleting this segment should be to prevent it being set up in this way. It should make no difference to the normal operation of the remote. However, it seems that in your new remote it does make a difference. That is why I believe there is something hard-coded in the firmware of the v2 that is outside our control that is causing its apparently inexplicable behaviour. I do not think that examining the files you have posted would enable us to find a way to get round this behaviour. Unless some other expert can provide further information to help me, I do not see how I can help you further.
DDE12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, when I provided you with the info/data from this new version to make the new files for RMIR, it was prior to the 981 command. Would it make a difference if this procedure is done on info/data after the 981 command?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think where we're at is, it sounds like the v2 remote has some hard coded stuff inside that we can't do anything about. I don't think we need any further download files. The best we can do is maybe add support for the multiplexor segment, if that would be useful and if Graham is up for it.
DDE12

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great if multiplexor support is possible. In the meantime or if it isn't possible, the work around is to not set any device to TV in RMDU (I used video accessroy) if the user wants to be able to have TV functions set to the ABCD buttons.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiplexor support is possible but I would not recommend it. It is not like the multiplex support of many extenders as it is intended as a one-off setting procedure to set the cable button to the OEM device concerned. As such, it rewrites the flash memory (what we often call the E2 or EEPROM area) every time it is used, while that in an extender just changes data in RAM. So it is like editing the setup code in RMIR and uploading it to the remote. This is why I have not already supported it in RMIR.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Titan-Manual1.pdf
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26485
9xx command 972 will enable/disable the back-light which we do not have documented since other remotes use (972) Device Power - Device Buttons to send POWER Signal.
So it would be interesting to see what 972 does on both versions of this remote
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: