JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR is not finding my remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLPicard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: RMIR is not finding my remote Reply with quote

I have a RS 15-1994 that I am trying to setup. I have a JP1 cable that I purchased years ago from Tommy IICR. It's a white USB cable printed JP1.2/3, and has the six pin header pin connector on the other end. My Windows 10 PC sees the cable when I plug it into USB and pops up under Ports as COM4 listed as FTDI. My JP1 header plug is plugged in with pin 1 oriented correctly, RMIR AUTO searches but cannot see the remote. What next?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say "JP1 header plug", are you referring to an EEPROM Adapter? I ask because one would be needed to program a 15-1994 using a JP1.2/3 cable.
JLPicard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The six pin plug within the battery compartment with male pins. The white cable I am using has a six pin two row, three pin per row female pin plug. Not individual pins. I was able to get RMIR to download the software from two 1056's I have.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Rob has pointed out, you cannot set up an RS 15-1994 with a JP1.2/3 cable. There used to be separate JP1 cables for these remotes, but they are no longer available. Instead you need a JP1 EEPROM Adapter which is used together with a JP1.2/3 cable. In effect it makes a JP1 remote appear like a JP1.2/3 remote to RMIR. Unfortunately JP1 EEPROM Adapters are difficult to find at present. The alternative is to use an Arduino as a JP1 EEPROM Adapter, as described in this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: