JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Apple TV 4 Siri remote "HOME" button
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still didn't work for me, doesn't matter what setup code I use in the inteset remote, you can't keymove built-in command from one button to another. In the same device or another device.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't you get yourself a JP1 cable at some point Ed? If so, why are you still doing things the hard way?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The closest I came to having jp1 set up was I sent for the OARUSB04 remote, which of course only uses a usb cable. It arrived dead and very scratched up, I got my money back for it, never tried for another and they aren't around anymore.

Last edited by MaskedMan on Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you throw down $10 on an FTDI cable, this one has the separate connectors so you don't need to replace it with a 2*3 header (though that's still a good idea).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164440385664
mark60050

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
bobshults wrote:
SUCCESS! After years of searching I finally found an ir code for the AppleTV HOME/TV cmd. It is included with this Device Upgrade I have posted in Media Players with the other Apple TV upgrades.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26335

I found this ir command on the Channel Master Simple Remote model CM-7000XRC and was able to learn it with my RCRP05B remote and create the upgrade file. ENJOY!

Well done Bob, almost 5 years in the making. Now, if you're feeling really adventurous, you could try all 256 OBCs for that codeset to see if you can find anything else that works. If you're interested but don't know how to do it, let me know and I'll tell you.

Hi Robman,

I made an attempt to try all 256 OBCs based on bobshults "Apple TV extra commands". However, I noticed that Bob uses NEC1-f16x protocol which appears to be a 16-bit command making that 65536 possible codes. In any case, I tried all 256 of OBC1 with OBC2 fixed at "1" as in Bob's extra commands rmdu.

I've uploaded my test rmir to the diagnostics area here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26534

On devices tab, I have all my 11 devices defined. The first 6 devices contain all 256 OBC1 codes with OBC2 mapped to "1". The next 3 try 120 OBC1 codes with OBC2 mapped to "0". The comcast remote I use is a 4 device remote and I use 40 OBC1 codes per device. I arranged the numerical codes in a layout that is easy to remember. I have a picture of my layout if anyone is interested.

In any case, I had good success in finding many useful keys mapped to the NEC1-f16x protocol. Most were found with OBC2 set to "1". However, I did find one unique code with "OBC2 set to "0". Device 10 contains an "Apple TV 5" with all the codes I found so far.

Question: Are there really only 256 codes I need to look at? If so, how do I map them into the 65536 possibilities defined by OBC1 and OBC2 combination?

Turns out I am still missing the "<" or back button. That appears to be same as "menu" button on the "Apple (official)" for Apple TV 4 remote. So not bad.

Thanks to Bob Shults for finding the "Home" button! Thanks for any help in advance.

-Mark
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,
Good job with the code search, it appears that you have found most of the buttons that appear in the regular upgrades for AppleTV, so we could load your findings as an alternative upgrade.

There are only 256 possible OBC1 values (ie, 0-255) for each OBC2 value. The fact that you found one button with a different OBC2 value certainly opens the door to the possibility that there are others to be found. It appears that you went as far as OBC1 119 using OBC2 0, so you could still test 120-255 using OBC2 0. Then, if you're willing, you could test other OBC2 values, starting with 2. In theory OBC2 can also go up to 255, but I can't imagine that you want to do THAT much testing! Very Happy It appears that you still have MENU and REBOOT yet to be found, and who knows if there any more undocumented functions. I would certainly be interested to see if you find anything using OBC2 values 0, 2 and 3. If you don't find anything new there, it might not be worth going any higher, it just all depends on how much work you want to put into it.

I have saved your upgrade to the file section (link below) so that people can start using it right away.
http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26335
mark60050

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

There are only 256 possible OBC1 values (ie, 0-255) for each OBC2 value. The fact that you found one button with a different OBC2 value certainly opens the door to the possibility that there are others to be found. It appears that you went as far as OBC1 119 using OBC2 0, so you could still test 120-255 using OBC2 0. Then, if you're willing, you could test other OBC2 values, starting with 2. In theory OBC2 can also go up to 255, but I can't imagine that you want to do THAT much testing! Very Happy It appears that you still have MENU and REBOOT yet to be found, and who knows if there any more undocumented functions. I would certainly be interested to see if you find anything using OBC2 values 0, 2 and 3. If you don't find anything new there, it might not be worth going any higher, it just all depends on how much work you want to put into it.
http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26335

Thanks for the feedback Robman! So my fears were correct there potentially are 256x256=65536 possible codes. I may try a few more. I would like to see if I can get the "menu"/"<" button. Thanks for your help!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, in theory there are 256*256 possible codes to try, but in reality, i would be surprised if there's anything beyond 2 or 3, so in total 4*256.
bobshults

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark60050,

I'm finding in your new Apple alt upgrade that the Play (OBC 22) and Pause (OBC 50) do not work universally across all apps. Seems to work in some instances but not others. For instance they work in Pandora and Prime Video but not in Sling TV. Also, they don't work on Apple TV Home page when you press and hold an icon and Apple TV pops up message to "Press >|| for Options". Pressing Play or Pause at that point yields no response. These commands appear to be discrete play and pause vice combination play/pause. Rather like Power on/off and discrete on, discrete off. Not sure what to do about it but apple official play/pause command works universally.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you need to do a button code search on the Apple TV Home page looking for the Play/Pause button
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: