JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What determines which device is active after activity?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kkl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:31 pm    Post subject: What determines which device is active after activity? Reply with quote

What determines which device is active after choosing an activity? It doesn't seem to be consistent. On one of my remotes, after choosing the Satellite/DirecTV activity, if I press a button, my receiver switches to the Roku device input (presumably HDMI CEC) even though Roku isn't in the activity list and isn't an input in the activity list (RMIR). I usually need to pick the device after choosing an activity. I would think this would be straightforward, but I haven't broken the code. Thanks for any help.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have to go into the roku settings and un-check 1-touch play box:

setting> system> control other devices> uncheck the 1-touch play box.

Read the paragraph beside it.

For those without a roku here what the paragraph says:

"Tell your TV to automatically switch its active source/input to your Roku player on any remote key press"

Last edited by MaskedMan on Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:58 am; edited 3 times in total
kkl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
You might have to go into the roku settings and un-check 1-touch play box:

setting> system> control other devices> uncheck the 1-touch play box.

Read the paragraph beside it.

Hmmm. I hadn't considered that the Roku could be doing something on its own. It's an RF-only device and the XSight remote isn't even capable of sending it a command, although it's possible it's doing something via HDMI CEC. I don't get why pressing a button that should send a command to my DirecTV receiver should cause the Roku to do anything. I'll give your answer a try as soon as I get a chance. Thanks MaskedMan.
jeajea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Roku model do you have?
Almost all that have WIFI also have IR.4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku
kkl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point jeajea. It is a Roku Premiere+, so that could explain why the Roku is triggering. That's half of my problem.

The other half is probably another misunderstanding on my part. Even without the Roku issue, I still don't get what device mode the remote is in after an activity. Here is my DirecTV activity:

Epson 5040UB;PowerOn(0.1)
Denon 4400;Master Power On(1.0)
Denon 4400;CBL SAT(0.5)
DirecTV;Power On(0.3)

After I select that and press a button, nothing usually happens. I see the red light at the top of the display flashing with a button press. I have to select the Device DirecTV, and then it works.

I see now in the RMIR Activities screen a section called "Activity Group Assignments". I've never done anything with it and don't see it mentioned in the Readme or Tutorial. All the entries in that section under Device/Power Macro have Roku listed, for all of my Activities.

What am I misunderstanding? What determines the device that is associated with a button press after an Activity is used?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kkl wrote:
I see now in the RMIR Activities screen a section called "Activity Group Assignments". I've never done anything with it and don't see it mentioned in the Readme or Tutorial. All the entries in that section under Device/Power Macro have Roku listed, for all of my Activities.

That section shows, for the selected activity, which device is used for the buttons in the group concerned. For the Power button you may instead choose a named macro. If all the entries say Roku, then all the buttons send Roku signals. It would help to give advice if you posted a .rmir file of your setup. You don't actually even say what remote you are using, but I presume from what you have said that it must be an XSight Touch.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can remove the Denon Master Power On from your macro since the CBL SAT command will both power on and switch the input.

As Mathdon said, you have to use the Activity Group Assignments to specify which buttons control which device.
kkl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I really missed the boat on this one. It's an ARRX18G remote. RMIR file at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26388

So I obviously need to set Activity Group Assignments. What determines what is displayed in the remote's screen after an Activity is used?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kkl wrote:
What determines what is displayed in the remote's screen after an Activity is used?
Whatever you assign to the Soft group.
kkl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
kkl wrote:
What determines what is displayed in the remote's screen after an Activity is used?
Whatever you assign to the Soft group.
Ahh. So #2 in the Activity Group Assignments. Thanks for your help mdavej.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: