JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nevo PRISTINE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject: Nevo PRISTINE Reply with quote

Back in the day I was an alpha tester on the Nevo remotes.

I just dipped into my box of Nevos, and see that I wrote PRISTINE on the back of all of them.

It seemed to me there was something special I needed to do with pristine remotes the first time I connected them to RMIR, or maybe Graham needed me to reserve Pristine remotes for testing. I read the page on the WIKI and don't seem to find anything.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be curious to know how "pristine" they all are now, given that the rubber coating used on these has degraded over time and by now I expect it's a gooey mess which needs to be scraped off.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd be curious to know how "pristine" they all are now, given that the rubber coating used on these has degraded over time and by now I expect it's a gooey mess which needs to be scraped off.

I've only ever seen that on the old Home Theater Remote I bought second hand about a decade ago, and I cleaned that one up, and it never regummied.

Pristine in this case meant never used with One For All's site, and never connected to RMIR.

My husbands 8811 failed, so I thought I'd make a few tweaks to my Nevo and then clone it for my husband. So I tweaked mine, updated it, it works great, but I uploaded the same RMIR file to the PRISTINE remote, and the TV buttons in the macro don't work on the new remote.

I don't particularly care for these Nevo's but they are great in that there is not a lot of memorizing required. The buttons actually say what they are going to do. Too bad those buttons are so tiny.

If I am going to have to have a different RMIR file for each remote, this is going to be a pain.[/quote]

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Nevo's have never been connected to the UEI site, and never used with RMIR before, they will most likely need a firmware upgrade. RMIR should give you a prompt asking if you want to upgrade the firmware, and if it does, you should accept.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was it!

I didn't start out with a download since I was cloning my current remote, so was never offered the firmware update. I remembered there was somehing

I downloaded now, reloaded my RMIR image and all is working as advertised.

I will put a note in the box of Nevo's, so next time I will have a clue what to do with a "Pristine" remote.

Thanks Rob!

mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
maybe Graham needed me to reserve Pristine remotes for testing

I suspect this was at the time when I was developing the firmware upgrade facility for RMIR and I needed you to keep some pristine non-upgraded ones for testing the upgrade process. In the end I got it working with testing on just the one pristine Nevo I got from China for that purpose, so you probably only had to use one of your pristine ones to confirm that it worked, hence the others still left in the box.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: